Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • David Ferguson 15 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 24, 2010 @ 11:55
    David Ferguson
    0

    Some images not showing

    I know this problem has been raised before, looking back at the forum, however I don't seem to be able to rectify it using the methods other people have tried.

    I have upgraded to the latest version of ImageGen however when loading pages that use the tool some images are still not showing. When copying the image url into the browser I sometimes get an 'Out of memory' message instead of the image.

    An example of a page that is having a problem is;

    http://randr.pearsonsdigital.co.uk/en/ourbrands/imagelibrary/treats.aspx

    The site is in demo mode at the moment, however I really need to solve this issue soon before the site goes live.

    Any help would be massively appreciated

  • Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4670 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Aug 28, 2010 @ 11:28
    Douglas Robar
    0

    Hi, David,

    An out of memory message means exactly that. It is generally caused by trying to resize massive original images with an application pool that doesn't have sufficient memory to accomplish the task. Either increase the memory available to the application pool or reduce the size of the original image.

    I did notice you put your own handler in front of ImageGen. That also appears to be adding to the problem. While your example page gives an out of memory error for this link...

    http://randr.pearsonsdigital.co.uk/image.axd?image=media/1972/bubble%20gum.png&h=74&w=74&method=1

    But calling ImageGen directly works just fine...

    http://randr.pearsonsdigital.co.uk/umbraco/imagegen.ashx?image=/media/1972/bubble%20gum.png&width=74&height=74

     

    cheers,
    doug.

  • Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 16:31
    Anthony Candaele
    0

    I experienced the same problem, for some mysterious reason pictures were not showing up in my browser. I changed the paths to the images in all possible ways, checked the permissions on the folder, even reinstalled Umbraco completely, but notting solve it. Until I read this message. Then I did a check on the properties of the images my webdesigner send me, and indeed, the first image I checked had a size of 1,31 Mb, not really webfriendly if you ask me :)

    sigh,

    Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft