SEO checker helps you find common SEO issues on your website such as missing meta tags, broken links etc. SEO checker allows you to fix issues on the page before publishing the page.
Validate pages against Google recommendations
Every page that has a template assigned can be validated. All validations are based on the "Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide" document from Google tinyurl.com/yjm24yq check the documentation rules for a full list of all validations.
SEO checker allows you to preview the Google search result snippet when editing content and will give feedback about keyword usage in content and meta information.
SEO Checker allows you to preview your page as it would look on Facebook and Twitter.
Report inbound link issues
SEO checker will report any inbound link that is broken and will automatically redirect to the correct page when a link pointing to your website uses the wrong extension, php instead of aspx for example. SEO checker comes will also check for broken links on a page.
Manage redirects from a simple overview or use the datatype to manage all redirects for a single content or media node. The redirect manager allows you to import redirects also. Ideal for site migrations.
Easy url rewriting
SEO checker will also automatically redirect to the correct page when an editor renames or moves a document,the url changes and a visitor is requesting the old url.
SEO checker allows you to generate meta data based on existing content on the page and can automatically generate robot.txt and sitemap.xml files for you.
SEO checker will also automatically solve most canonical issues using its own URL Rewrite module.
A license can be purchased via our company website http://soetemansoftware.nl/
SEO checker requires IIS7+ and is compatible with Umbraco version 4.8 (use 1.9.4 version) and up to 7.x.
SEO checker is compatible with SQL Server (Express), SQL CE 4 and Mysql databases.
SEO checker is a commercial package.Here you can download the trial
version which is fully functional on localhost (bulk validation is
missing and validation using SEO Checker datatype reports keyword issues
only). On your live server you need a license file.
A license file can be purchased via our website http://soetemansoftware.nl
€ 149,00 for a domain license
€ 449,00 for a server license
€ 699,00 unlimited license
V2.2.3 Bugfix release
- Updated: Increase SEOChecker_ValidationIssues database columns on install.
- Fixed: Redirect with spaces fails to import.
- Fixed: Some boolean settings are still checkboxes instead of toggle fields like Umbraco.
- Fixed: umbracoNavihide is ignored in sitemap.xml.
- Fixed: SEO Checker not updating fields until 2nd publish with mapped properties.
V2.2.2 Bugfix release
- Fixed When redirect when node exists is enabled, http(s) urls are treated as relative paths.
- Fixed When redirects overview is empty lots of console logs are generated.
- Fixed Don't create url history redirects when url was /.
V2.2.1 Bugfix release
- Fixed: Add /wp-login to ignored urls for botfilter.
- Fixed: Ignored Urls are still reported on SEO Checker datatype.
- Fixed: Add tls 1.2 for https url validation.
- Fixed: Import.com gets added to imported redirects.
V2.2 Bugfix release
- Added: Validation handlers is a controller now.
- Fixed: Redirect import should respect http(s) target urls.
- Fixed: Exception when social media image property has a deleted image.
V2.1 Update release
- Added: Config option to enablue/disable url history tracking
- Fixed: Twitter description label says Facebook description
- Fixed: User has acces to issuemanagment but doesn't see issues tree
- Fixed: 500 error on emailtemplate configuration when there are no e-mail templates in the folder
- Fixed: Increase Column length of error descrition on ValidationIsues table
- Fixed: Don't create redirects for url history tracking when old url is empty
V2.0.1 Bugfix release
- Fixed XSS issue in SEO Property editor and social editor.
- Fixed metadata is not used as default in social editor.
- Fixed Optimize Image Url for Facebook and Twitter.
- Added option where a broken link will only be reported once instead on every page.
- Added option to delete all issues at once.
V2 Major release
- Removed legacy webforms code
- Better UX by re-using Umbraco components
- Social media support
- External url redirect support
- Botfilter for inbound link errors
- Permission management
- Improved performance
- Breaking changes:
- Requires Umbraco 7.7+
- No more XSLT and webforms support
1.10.4 Bugfix release
- Fixed: Create redirects on page change
- Fixed: Create redirects on media item change
- Fixed: Clear cache on redirect/inbound link save to avoid false 404 issues.
1.10.3 Bugfix release
- Fixed: Save Icon is missing.
- Fixed: SEOChecker reports Google Snippet is missing but Tag manager is present.
- Fixed: Typefinder throws exception on configiration issues in some cases
1.10.2 Bugfix release
- Fixed Auto assign loggedin user on Umbraco 7.7+
- Fixed localization for US language
- Added whatsapp:// to the ignorelist for broken links
1.10.1 Bugfix release
- Fixed SQLCE query parsing error
- Fixed Installer on SQLCE
- Fixed ncorrect syntax near '}' error in redirect manager
1.10 Update release
- Breaking change! Minimum required Umbraco version is v7.5!
- Fixed SEO Checker throws "BrokenLinks" error when crawling linked in page
- Fixed: Compatible with Umbraco 7.6+
- Updated: Uses Umbraco services instead of legacy classes
- Updated: Uses Umbraco redirect table to track page name changes, improves performance.
220.127.116.11 Bugfix release
- Added Disable 404 tracking when using SEOCheckerIgnore404Request header.
- Fixed Install fails on v7.5.2 using the package installer.
- Fixed SVG in HTML causes multiple title tag errors.
- Fixed Dependencyhandler.axd should not be validated.
- Fixed BodyTextFocusKeywordNotFound exception when H1 is missing in bodytext
1.9.4 Bugfix release
- Doctype folders in Umbraco 7.4 are not displayed in SEOChecker config.
- Space in referer breaks redirect overview.
- Metadata breaks when text is longer than 160 chars without any spaces.
- Remove install language files on every app start.
- Apostroph encoding issue.
- Null reference exception in sitemap.xml when configured domain is in recyle bin.
- Anonymous protocol url's are broken for media validation.
1.9.3 Bugfix release
- Fix context issue on Umbraco 7.3.
- Error loading document with id 0 in logs in preview mode.
- Save not always trigerring validation.
- Use HtmlDecode on Title field length check.
- Id url redirect appends http://
- Remove http and https from domain settings.
- Applicationtree doesn't register correctly on Umbraco 6.2.5.
1.9.2 Bugfix release
- Fixed Nuget file missing redirects folder
- Fixed / gets encoded and therefore some redirects don't work
- Fixed + sign gets replaced with space
- Fixed Hostname could not be resolved when using a portnumber in url
1.9.1 Bugfix release
- Fixed installation issue with package actions.
- Using brackets in focus keyword breaks datatype on V4/V6
1.9 Update release
- Added support for Nuget.
- Added translations for Germany and the Netherlands
- Added option to set license file location
- Improved logic for committing redirect statistics to the database.
- Removed Scripts and css disallow for robots.txt file for mobile optimization
- Fixed When template section is not set in Umbracosettings.config a ysod is thrown
- Fixed Redirect to unpublished page should result in 404
- Fixed When forcuskeyword has unicode chars keyword validation fails
1.8.1 Update release
- Added Redirect import id can also be used as target
- Update Display alias instead of name in document settings
- Removed license check on sitemap and robots
- Removed non relevant options from Redirect datatype
- Fixed UrlHistory doesn't work on root outside of website
- Fixed Redirect statistics can cause errors in rare situations
- Fixed Redirect to unpublished pages should throw 404
- Fixed Couldn't find any page with nodeId=-1 in logs
- Fixed redirect issues when using ImageGen
- Fixed error in broken link validator when https connection can't be made
1.8 Update release
- Added support for UrlTracker redirect import
- Update latest PackageGarden Licensing dll
- Added warnings when Validation and/or url modules are not running
- Fixed asp urls don't get redirected when directoryurls is false
- Fixed Rootnode page name change causes error in the log
- Fixed V7 property editor css files don't end up in the package
- Fixed System.UriFormatException YSOD in redirect overview when referer is set
V1.7 Update release
- Logging is now a provider, no more log obsolete messages
- Fixed No more thread abort exceptions in the log
- Added Umbraco_client and App_plugins folder to the global ignore list
- 404 page in a multi domain setup showed the wrong version.
V1.6.2 BugFix release
- Fixed SEOChecker urlmodule exceptions when in VS debug mode
- Fixed When rootdomain is unpublished but has a published version it's not listed as rootnode in domain settings
- Fixed When saving a redirect that is also stored as broken link it gets inserted twice
- Fixed Domain name is empty in domainsettingstree when hostname is assigned and umbracoUrlName is empty
- Fixed Include content/media options are not persistent after applying a bulk action
- Fixed Preview throws 404 for unpublished pages when in combination with SEOChecker datatype
- Update ignore remote.axd when validating links
- Fixed Positive messages are not shown when errors on page
- Update Support new Google Analytics tag in the validator
- Fixed Huge base64 string as image breaks validation queue
V1.6.1 BugFix release
- Fixed Single domain with path assigned causes rewrite issue
- FixedWhen metadata methods are used on a document without SEOChecker datatype a ysod is thrown
- Fixed 404 and 500 cannot be used as a pagename
- Fixed Protected pages doesn't get validated but all keyword issues are green
- Added Make forceHTTPS property also possible for canonical url
- Added make status code 410 possible in inbound link issues overview
- Added Delete data files after import
- FixedSQL is not Azure compliant
- FixedInclude query string in redirect search
- Fixed Focus keyword not highlighted in preview when having comma after
- Fixed Self signed SSL certificate - Error during validation of document
- Fixed SEO Checker datatype - horizontal scrollbar
- Fixed Alias and Name properties get mixed up
- Fixed Sitemap shows YSOD in Umbraco 7.1.5
V1.6 Update release
- Added Always redirect top page option
- Added wildcard/catch all support for redirects
- Updated Usergroup admin needs to have access to settings
- Updated V7 application icon to chart-curve instead of black and white SEO Checker logo
- Fixed virtual folder issues
- Fixed Multid domain page change issues didn't get triggered
- Fixed umbracoFile property of type Image cropper breaks redirect in V7
- Fixed MySQL installation issue
- Fixed rare 403 issues in validation process
- Fixed unicode support for snippet preview in Umbraco v7
- Fixed styling issue of SEO Checker data type in Umbraco V7
- Fixed Metadata.Current also works for mapped properties in data type
V1.5.2 Bugfix release
- Fixed: Item already exists error in snippet preview datatype on Umbraco V7.1.2
- Fixed: Picker in V7 can only pick content items
- Fixed: Made PropertyEditor converter V7 compatible
- Fixed: redirect doesn;t respect domain and querystring parameters
- Fixed: Even when there is no not found page configured, 404 in UmbracoSettings.config gets ignored
- Fixed Ysod when media item is deleted and event wasn't triggered.
- Added support for virtual directories
- Added option to disable Not found functionality
- Added config key to move configuration to a different folder
- Added option to force HTTPS scheme in sitemap.xml
V1.5.1 Bugfix release
- Fixed: Google analytics check is case sensitive
- Fixed: When renaming a page only the first child gets redirected correctly
V1.5 Update release
- Support for Umbraco V7 (requires at least 7.0.3)
- Improved Paging
- Added search option for inbound link error overview
- Improved Google Analytics check to support Google Tagmanager
- Fixed: Hidden in sitemap property only works when exclude navihide is set
- Fixed: Deleted references of child nodes also on a single delete operation
V1.4.1 Update release
- Added positive keyword usage feedback on datatype
- Added configuration option to check for missing ALT attributes on images in templates
- Added property to exclude validation for certain pages
- Improved caching for redirects module
- Improved, automatically generated meta descriptions will be truncated at 160 characters
- Fixed minor Sitemap namespace issue
- Fixed email exception for notifications in some situations
V1.4 Update release
- Redirect functionality also works for Media
- Redirect Import/export functionality
- Fix Robots.txt is not updated when rootnode settings are not specified
- Fix Ignore AngularJS databinding markup for broken links
V1.3 Update release
- Added redirect manager
- Added datatype for redirects
- Added option to specify a canonical page
- Fixed sitemap.xml doesn't respect https
V1.2 Update release
- Added option to specify a not found page per site(rootnode) and language(s). This will work with aspx pages and non aspx pages such as .php extensions
- Added option to specify the canonical domain per site(rootnode)
- Added option to edit robots.txt file per site(rootnode)
- Added support for umbracoUrlName in the redirect module
- Added support for more than one default property to generate a default Meta title and Meta description
- Added support for seoXmlSiteMapHide property to exclude pages from the generated sitemap
- Added Property Editor converter for SEO Checker datatype to get a type safe version of Meta Data
- Updated style for SEO Checker datatype
1.1.2 Bugfix release
- Fixed Don't use canonical redirects in case of HTTP Post
- Fixed Automatically redirect for non aspx extension doesn't work when root has no template assigned
- Fixed tel: in href causes broken link
- Fixed Unicode characters in focus keyword don't get recognized
- Fixed Validator counts Escaped unicode characters as 5 characters
- Fixed Change keyword selection tool location to new keyword planner
- Fixed Error column in validation table is too small
1.1.1 Bugfix release
- Added paging to overviews
- Fixed layout issues
- Fixed callto: in href causes broken link
- Fixed Setting 404 explicit in template cause redirect loop
1.1 Update release
- Added bulk select and update operations on every issue overview.
- Added Scheduled validation
- Added User notifications.
- Added datatypes to override the document settings for Robots and XML sitemap
- XML Sitemap will automatically generate an index file after 10000 items. Each sitemap will contain max 10000 items.
1.0.5 bugfix release
- Fixed MySql installer issues
- Fixed Title gets encoded
- Fixed Anonymous protocol url's are broken
- Fixed replace CRLF concats two words together in Preview
- Updated Link check algoritm. When a HEAD request fails, SEOChecker retries with GET first before reporting the link broken.
1.0.4 Update release
- Added new licensing dll to support both Deli as our own licensing system
- Removed multiple H1 check
- Fixed metadata master template issue
1.0.3 Bugfix release
- Fixed Illegal characters in url causing redirect loops
- Fixed Deleted documents are visible in the queue
- Fixed Unpublished parent is causing validation issues for published child documents
- Fixed not existing page url's with non aspx extension will not redirect correctly
- Fixed Assigning domains can cause issues during validation process
- Fixed Only a part of the sitemap is rendered on large XML sitemaps
- Fixed Template validation reports small amount of comments
- Fixed Extra spaces in focus keyword causes snippet preview to output HTML
- Fixed casing of focus keyword is used in snippet preview instead of title/description/url casing
- Fixed SEO Checker reports keyword not found when keyword is in the url but not in a single part of the url
- Fixed License error message is shown after uploading a valid license
- Fixed Assigned domain on a second or more level in V6 has rootnode in url when mapped via inbound link issues
1.0.2 Compatibilty release:
- Fixed Umbraco V 6.0.1 compatibility issues
1.0.1 Bugfix release
- Fixed issues with port numbers in url's. SEO Checker now works on webmatrix
- Added *.axd to robots.txt
- Remove double slash from url wehn redirecting from .php url's
- Fixed issue in document type configuration where parent got updated also when editing child document type.
- Multiple H1 message is less strict
If you want more information about SEO checker, watch the screencasts, or read the blog postsabout some of the features SEO checker offers.
Software Upgrade policy:
- Free lifetime updates for domain licenses
- Free updates of server and unlimited licenses for a major release within one year of purchase.
- Free updates for all minor releases within a major release. For example, if you purchased a server, or unlimited 1.0 version of SEO Checker, you get free updates of all 1.x versions.
If you have any questions please use the support forum or drop us an email, email@example.com