Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


These support forums are now closed for new topics and comments.
Please head on over to http://eureka.ucommerce.net/ for support.

  • Andrei 64 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 15, 2010 @ 17:00
    Andrei
    0

    Send email with order confirmation - english layer only?

    HI Søren,

    I think that the email service task is trying to get the email template item from the english language layer. I have setup the Checkout pipeline to send email confirmations and it just gives me an empty email. In my site, I have only one language layer - Danish. As soon as I added English language and set up a template node for the english layer I've got an email with right content from the item.

  • Søren Spelling Lund 1796 posts 2764 karma points
    Nov 15, 2010 @ 21:50
    Søren Spelling Lund
    0

    uCommerce grabs the e-mail content based on current culture found on Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.

    One thing that we've seen is that if you don't have a hostname setup Umbraco won't sync the two cultures found on a thread: CurrentUICulture and CurrentCulture. CurrentUICulture is picked up from the browser and CurrentCulture is set to default by .NET.

    Might that be what you're seeing?

    As a test I setup my dev install to work with Danish and English and uCommerce did pick up the expected e-mail template.

    Did you setup a different template for Danish? (Silly question but I have to ask).

  • Andrei 64 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 14:39
    Andrei
    0

    Hi Søren,

    I made a test where I include in the email template item the culture and UIculture information. So when I get the confirmation email, I have this:

    culture: da-DK
    uiculture: da-DK

    However, the subject of the email is in english, ("Order confirmation") instead of danish one ("Ordrebekræftelse").

    Now here is what I did before this: when I saw that I get empty emails I did some debug and got the suspicion that it's trying to use the email template configured on english culture. So I added the english language in umbraco and choose the email node on the profile for the english culture and after that I started to get the mail content from the item. Then I deleted the english language, but still continued to receive content in email. So now it works "by mistake", just because the en-US description still exists in the database after the english language was deleted.

    The site domain is configured to use Danish and the catalog is bound to this domain.

  • Søren Spelling Lund 1796 posts 2764 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 14:49
    Søren Spelling Lund
    0

    Which version of uCommerce are you running?

  • Andrei 64 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 14:50
    Andrei
    0

    1.1.1.0

  • Søren Spelling Lund 1796 posts 2764 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 15:24
    Søren Spelling Lund
    0

    What does the contents of your uCommerce_EmailContent table look like?

  • Andrei 64 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 15:35
    Andrei
    0

    Here I make a put in a screenshot.

  • Andrei 64 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 18, 2010 @ 09:27
    Andrei
    0

    I just noticed another thing. I've been looking into why the dibs payment interface is in English and found out that the language parameter is taken from this:

    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.TwoLetterISOLanguageName

    When I display this value in an umbraco page, it comes out as "da", but when the payment request is posted to dibs the language param is "en". I guess it must be a configuration I'm missing somewhere.

  • Søren Spelling Lund 1796 posts 2764 karma points
    Nov 29, 2010 @ 13:43
    Søren Spelling Lund
    0

    Hi Andrei,

    uCommerce 1.2 includes a fix for the issue you reported with regards to language and the DIBS payment provider.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft