Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Michael Nielsen 82 posts 361 karma points
    Jun 15, 2020 @ 14:05
    Michael Nielsen
    0

    OrderService cache?

    Hi

    We're exporting orders to Microsoft NAV, getting them through the OrderService.SearchOrders method

    I have two orders that NAV won't accept, because the telephone number is in an invalid format.

    I've corrected them on the orders, but the export still fails, because it's still the old invalid telephone numbers in the export.

    Is there some kind of cache layer on the orderservice?

    Umbraco v8.6.2 Vendr v1.2.3

  • Matt Brailsford 3582 posts 18908 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 15, 2020 @ 14:16
    Matt Brailsford
    100

    Hi Michael,

    Yes, there is a cache layer across all our services in order to save hitting the database constantly.

    The cache is a static cache so will be invalidated on app pool recycle.

    However, if you are using the SearchOrder methods these shouldn't actually be using the cache as those methods use direct DB access.

    Matt

  • Michael Nielsen 82 posts 361 karma points
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 06:37
    Michael Nielsen
    0

    Ok, but if SearchOrder is using the DB, then I don't understand from where these old values are coming from?

    I've looked directly at the properties in the DB, and they are changed here.

  • Matt Brailsford 3582 posts 18908 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 08:28
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Me neither.

    Have you debugged into the code to see the results coming out of the SearchOrders method and ensuring they are correct at that point? If so, could there be some other caching in place affecting this? Donut cache or Request cache or something?

    /Matt

  • Michael Nielsen 82 posts 361 karma points
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 10:14
    Michael Nielsen
    0

    I cannot really debug live data, but doing it locally, the phone numbers are changed as soon as they are on the orders.

    I also put up a test controller to output any unexported orders via the SearchOrdersmethod, and the phone numbers are changed on the two troublesome errors.

    I'm thinking if it could be that Microsoft NAV have stored the orders, and aren't changing the information even though it's being sent new data, and thus reporting back the same error.

    The client however tells me, that the orders are not in NAV.

    But that almost has to be it. I'm 99.99% sure that the issue is not old data coming out of the SearchOrders method.

    I'm thinking the client has to dig a bit deeper into their NAV.

  • Matt Brailsford 3582 posts 18908 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 12:05
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Yea, it's definitely sounding that way to me if all tests are proving the various APIs are updated, then it must be there end.

    Do keep me updated with what you find.

    Matt

  • Michael Nielsen 82 posts 361 karma points
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 12:15
    Michael Nielsen
    0

    @#$%&! Found the error 🤦‍♂️

    We add name, address, phone and email to every orderline, as they are signups for classes.

    When checking out, they can copy previously entered information from orderlines as their billing information.

    But the editor config wasn't configured to show those informations in the backend, so I was only focused on the billing information, not the invalid information might have originated from the orderlines.

    Added the fields to the editor config, then I could correct the phone numbers on the orderlines also, and then they were exported to NAV correctly. 👏😂

  • Matt Brailsford 3582 posts 18908 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 16, 2020 @ 12:28
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Ahhhhhh, nice find!

    Glad you were able to find the solution, that would have been a nightmare to try and debug remotely 😂

    /Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft