Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Stephen 20 posts 193 karma points
    Oct 02, 2020 @ 09:21
    Stephen
    0

    Hi. We have just launched a site using Umbraco version 8.6.2 which is hosted on Azure. We are using Vendr version 1.3.0. We have tried the licence file (.lic) in the AppData folder, AppPlugins folder and the App_Plugins/UmbracoLicenses folder. If we go to "Settings" in Umbraco and click "Vendr" it says we are in trial mode and limited to 20 finalized orders.

    Is there anything else we need to do? Thanks.

  • Matt Brailsford 2848 posts 14796 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 02, 2020 @ 09:40
    Matt Brailsford
    100

    Hi Stephen,

    Interestingly enough you are the second person to report Azure failing to read the license file. Do you have any server errors failing to read the file at all?

    I can't see any reason it wouldn't be able to load it other than potentially permissions, but if other things are being accessed from the app_data folder I can't see why the license wouldn't.

    When using the App_Plugins/UmbracoLicenses did you also set the App Settings UmbracoLicensesDirectory to point to this directory?

    Matt

  • Stephen 20 posts 193 karma points
    Oct 02, 2020 @ 09:57
    Stephen
    0

    Hi Matt. Thanks for the reply. I think it's working now. I added the following key to the web.config and placed the file in that folder.

    The warning has disappeared and I can see the license in the "Installed Licenses" section.

    Thanks again.

  • Matt Brailsford 2848 posts 14796 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 02, 2020 @ 09:58
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Ok,

    Thanks for the confirmation. I'll get a demo azure site setup next week to test what's going on, but really glad the app setting worked for you as a workaround.

    Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft