Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Hi, I've been trying to add the XSLTSearch and once installed I go in to the XSLT and hit save and given this error
I have tried reinstalling the package a few times and keep getting this same error. Any ideas how to fix it?
Umbraco 4.9.0 and XSLTSearch 3.0.4.
That's an odd error. Any chance this is an upgraded site? If so, check out these threads that should help track down the problem (which shouldn't be unique to XSLTsearch but to any xslt macro):
You might also visit the search page of the site from outside the umbraco backoffice (just as a website visitor would do) and add ?umbDebugShowTrace=true to the end of the url. That will give you more debugging info (scroll down the page and you should see some debugging info in red that may help). If you don't see a ton of extra debugging trace at the bottom of your page, edit your web.config to allow debugging. In other words, change this setting to 'true'
Let us know what you find out, for the benefit of the next person. Or, if you can't resolve it, tell us more about your site (is it a fresh installation or an upgraded site, and if upgraded then from what version(s)?) and what other packages you have installed as these may be interfering.
Thanks for getting back to me, this isn't an upgraded site, which is why this is puzzling me.
I did the umbracoDebugMode and the error message produced looked like:
Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Examine, Version=0.10.0.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Lucene.Net, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Examine, Version=0.10.0.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Lucene.Net, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute) at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl() at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__0() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions() at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)
From this I checked the Lucene.dll and Examine.dll's and couldnt find anything that would have had a problem with this. I have uSiteBuilder installed and did have a version of uCommerce installed, but removed the uCommerce so this shouldnt have an affect on XSLTSearch.
Seems a weird one, you dont have any further ideas with this error message do you?
Do you use uComponents on this installation of Umbraco? And is it a fresh install or have you upgraded from a previous version? I'm suspicious that the error is caused by the lucene.dll version.
In 4.9 Lucene.dll is version 18.104.22.168 - Howver uComponents earlier than version 5 needs the old version of lucene.dll (22.214.171.124) to work.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Yeah I did put uComponents on and it was a fresh install I did and no upgrading done.
The Lucene.dll version is 126.96.36.199, I have uComponents 3.1.0 could this be the problem - uComponents works fine at the moment but having issues with XSLTSearch?!
Thanks for your reply.
Hold on... Jan you've got it, it was the version of Lucene.dll, I put in a 188.8.131.52 version and it worked straight away, and the uComponents functionality was fine also.
Massive thanks Jan, would never have got that without your help. Thanks also Doug for your help
Glad I was able to help. If this install is a fresh one then I'll recommend that you install uComponents 5.0 instead of 3.1.x - In 3.1.x the Multinode Tree picker datatype is still included in uComponents. But now the MNTP and some of the other popular datatypes from uComponents has made it into the Umbraco core.
So to avoid any potential problems and issues I suggest you upgrade uComponents as well.
Happy umbracoing :)
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted