Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

  • Sean L 24 posts 146 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 18:26
    Sean L

    XSLT Search not returning search results after Umbraco Upgrade

    I have recently upgraded from Umbraco 6.0.2 to 6.1.1 so a site can be put into production (considering the recent security vulnerability, this upgrade was critical before pushing to production). Everything on the site is working as expected except the only package I have installed, XSLT Search. XSLT Search version was 3.0.4. Upgraded to 3.0.5 just in case, but with not changes.

    Umbraco version: 6.1.1
    XSLT Search version: 3.0.5
    Packages installed: XSLTsearch

    The package installs fine. The problem I am having with the search is that no results are being returned and prior to the CMS upgrade, there were no issues. Some insight on this issue would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.



  • Sean L 24 posts 146 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 21:52
    Sean L


    After going through and testing the reinstalled XSLTsearch package, I used the generic page to compare code. I did not catch this while glancing over my previously working version (in 6.0.2) and trying to compare with my new Umbraco version (6.1.1). In the parameters of the XSLTsearch macro, I did not have the source set to anything, it was just blank. When I changed the value to -1, the search results began pouring in as expected again.

    The source node is set to -1 (search the whole site) by default. I am assuming it was using the default value (even though it was blank) before the CMS update and after the update it was specifically taking in the null value that was set in the parameters. My solution was simply making source="-1" instead of source="". 

    Hope this helps anyone in the future who runs into this problem as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: