Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jan 23, 2010 @ 19:27
    Jonas Eriksson
    0

    Search for string including & ampersand

    Hi!

    I have a small q. When one searches for exact string "Father & Son Inc" it does not find that company. Searching for "Father Son Inc" finds it though. Is this something that's easy to fix perhaps?

    Also : many thanks for a great package!

    Regards

    Jonas

  • Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4670 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2010 @ 20:51
    Douglas Robar
    1

    It probably has to do with the way the ampersand is handled.

    There's an outstanding feature request to search for terms with html encoding and without, as it might appear either way in the content (you might have 'Father & Son' or 'Father & Son' in the actual content... in fact, you might have some of each!).

    There's no quick fix for it, I'm afraid.

    cheers,
    doug.

  • Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jan 24, 2010 @ 13:33
    Jonas Eriksson
    0

    Ok, thanks for the quick answer. But if I make sure the content is saved either with html encoded or without, should I be able to find the sought string then? I think I will do some experiments on that.

    Cheers

    Jonas

  • Lee Kelleher 3928 posts 15072 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 19:28
    Lee Kelleher
    0

    @Jonas - following up after a few years - bit of a long shot (I know); do you recall the fix?

    No worries if not, just reaching out before digging into the code.

    Thanks,
    - Lee

  • David Tregoning 56 posts 229 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 18:03
    David Tregoning
    0

    Not sure if this relates to the outstanding feature request mentioned by Douglas but I have noticed a similar issue.

    I have created a dictionary item (in Swedish but testing in Spanish brings up the same issue) where the content has non english characters, in my case this is a ö. When I place this dictionary item on my template within some <P> tags (or just straight on the page) it renders on screen as ö with the html being: &#246; as I would have expected.

    However when I assign the same dictionary item (in the same template) to the 'value' of an input field (within a form) it renders on screen as &#246; with the html being: &amp;#246;

    Is this a bug of Umbraco or is it the way I have set up my nodes, templates, culture and hostnames, etc.

    I was working in Umbraco 7

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft