Having a live chat support on a website is very important as it helps to answer the visitors’ questions more precisely and quickly. And, if the visitor’s questions are resolved quickly it increases the chance of converting your website users into a potential customer. Moreover, having a live chat on your website offers the following benefits.
1. Live chat is convenient for customers, and it helps customers to make their decisions as quickly as possible.
2. Live chat is cheaper and much easier to handle compared to a support service over the phone.
3. Generally, sites with live chat have better lead conversion rate and/or sales rate.
4. Live chat gives you an edge of your competitors.
Because of all the above-mentioned benefits, we, at Gaja Digital Agency, wanted to implement a live chat on our website. We were looking for a chat solution with the below features.
1. Easy to integrate
2. The chat solution should support multilingual, because our website is multilingual.
3. Cost effective
5. Our website user should be able to send us offline messages when we are not online.
Based on our research for the suitable chat solution we found Zendesk (formerly Zopim) chat solution. Since our website is based on Umbraco and we didn’t find any plugin available to integrate Umbraco website and Zendesk chat solution, we created a Zendesk chat plugin for Umbraco. For more details on the plugin and for configuration details read our blog here.