Released on Not yet determined
This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 2552 times - uploaded 11 February 2016
"Content type editor update"
- New content type editor
- Some UX polish + documentation
- Media library improvements
- Grid polish
- Password for user panel (no dashboard)
- Models Builder
Follow the normal installation guidelines.
Upgrading from 7.3.x / 7.4 pre-releases
Note: If you're upgrading manually: make sure to merge both web.config in the root AND the web.config in the Views folder and Dashboard.config/trees.config in the Config folder.
Note: if you're doing a NuGet upgrade from 7.4.0-RC1 then your web.config will be overwritten completely, make sure to back it up first and then restore it after NuGet is done working. This will not happen in future upgrades and only affects upgrading from this one specific version 7.4.0-RC1. You will also lose the App_Browsers folder, make sure to copy those files back in too.
Upgrading from 7.1.x or 7.2.x
There are a few minor breaking changes in this release, listed below. Make sure to go through them before you upgrade.
Upgrading through NuGet
NuGet upgrades will handle everything for you automatically, so you only need to follow the general upgrade guide.
Related changes from the issue tracker
- U4-7293 - Update legacy Folder Browser to use umb-media-grid directive instead of the umb-photo-folder
- U4-7825 - Remove Microsoft.AspNet.WebHelpers and Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages.Data dependencies from nuget
Issues & Tasks
- U4-5523 - Showing "Change Password" dashboard when users log in is confusing - gives the impression they need to change their password
- U4-6828 - In the new doc type editor, when adding a property but then canceling the dialog, the new empty property shouldn't remain
- U4-6829 - In the new doc type editor, any composition tab should be 'locked' (readonly) however I can still click the button to add a property to it
- U4-6849 - New content type editor: Adding Properties but not adding an editor, you can save type, but makes an server error on saving the type.
- U4-6905 - New content type editor: GetSafeAlias service returns alias as camelCase and not PascalCase
- U4-6924 - Ensure drag/drop media uploads show notifications - since the way this works has been overhauled in 7.4
- U4-7251 - When changing a data type name to be the same as another we suffix the duplication with a number - this needs to be reflected in the UI
- U4-7343 - Change the order of trees under Settings: Make "Document Type" the first item in the settings section
- U4-7371 - New Content type editor - Better validation when trying to create a new document/media/member type with the same name as an existing one
- U4-7444 - Grid - Place Richtext editor toolbar in control (static positioning) + remove sticky when scrolling
- U4-7551 - New Content type editor dialog to select an editor for a property type needs the "Default" and "Reuse" tab functionality changed
- U4-7590 - List view layout cookie: Change to use local storage and clean up entry if its back to default layout.
- U4-7593 - Removing a composite from an existing doctype - Need better UI/error reporting (your data goes with it!)
- U4-7612 - Properties Pane is empty when trying to add a new Property to a new or existing Document Type
- U4-7630 - Cannot save a document type when it has a date picker required property with the new property type editor in 7.4
- U4-7683 - Search on Property Editors/Data Types in new Content Type Editor should display two results - resuse / available
- U4-7694 - Make media folders work as list view and media items - click folder to select and click folder name to open
- U4-7700 - 7.4 beta Backoffice Routing problem for Custom Sections or Installed Packages with a custom section
- U4-7741 - Models Builder - need to move /UserControls/.../BuildModels.ascx to App_Plugins/ModelsBuilder/UserControls/BuildModels.ascx
- U4-7747 - Models Builder - Update Umbraco Core to delegate control of the markup generated when creating a template - Models Builder when enabled needs to create the markup
- U4-7760 - Attempt to delete a document type that acts as a composition of another generates error message
- U4-7762 - Move document or media briefly show error- and success placeholders + odd position of checkmark at root level
- U4-7778 - Models Builder - Configuration updates to be consistent: UmbracoConfig.For.ModelsBuilder() and config by code during startup
- U4-7846 - Media grid missing min-height on item + make media item sizes as attr so they can be set outside the directive
- U4-7863 - Remove Nuget requirement: Microsoft.Net.Http - this is not used, nor is it required (it also installs a bunch of other packages we don't need)
- U4-7881 - version 7.4 beta - cannot add composition doctype to a doctype that has already been saved
- U4-7900 - The new content type editor: If you hit save while it generates an alias, the alias will be generatingAlias
- U4-7903 - Using shortcut for "add property" removes "add property"-field for other tabs in document type editor
- U4-7910 - on 7.4-RC1 Calling GetContentTypeContainer(Guid containerId) fails No container type exists with ID: a2cb7800-f571-4787-9638-bc48539a0efb
- U4-7912 - 500 (Internal Server Error) on publish (in Content/PostSave and Content/GetById - see screenshots)
- U4-8379 - Fixes issue when there are zero instructions in the db table and a cold boot is executed, the indexes will not be rebuilt
- U4-7249 - Insert Macro split button, when selecting a macro that has parameters the dialog should immediately show those
- U4-7462 - Macro with multiline textfield property cannot be inserted in RTE if there are multiple lines of text
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: https://our.umbraco.com
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and mention you're using version 7.4.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it a "thumbs up".
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).