Released on Not yet determined
There is a newer version available - v10.1.0
Umbraco 7.5, the "System management update"
- 301 redirect management
- Health check dashboard
- Password recovery for backoffice
- Packages installer UI update / packages can target a minimum Umbraco version
Make sure to read the blog post for the 7.5.0 release!
Note: version 7.5.x changes the ImageProcessor version, which might have impact on your site. Make sure to read the blog post for all the details on that.
Note: if you had previously installed the beta/beta2 and are relying on the URL tracker already then please note that we had to make some changes and WILL drop the redirect table completely, so all of your current redirects will be deleted. Make sure to make database backups so you can migrate them.
Follow the normal installation guidelines.
Upgrading from 7.4.x / 7.5.x
Make sure to follow the general upgrade guide.
Upgrading from 7.3.x / 7.4 pre-releases
Note: If you're upgrading manually: make sure to merge both web.config in the root AND the web.config in the Views folder and Dashboard.config/trees.config in the Config folder.
Note: if you're doing a NuGet upgrade from 7.4.0-RC1 then your web.config will be overwritten completely, make sure to back it up first and then restore it after NuGet is done working. This will not happen in future upgrades and only affects upgrading from this one specific version 7.4.0-RC1. You will also lose the App_Browsers folder, make sure to copy those files back in too.
Upgrading from 7.1.x or 7.2.x
There are a few minor breaking changes in this release, listed below. Make sure to go through them before you upgrade.
Upgrading through NuGet
NuGet upgrades will handle everything for you automatically, so you only need to follow the general upgrade guide.
Related changes from the issue tracker
No items to display
Issues & Tasks
- U4-4196 - U7 - Umbraco HTML5 Drop Zone should honor media types
- U4-4410 - Multinode Treepicker CSV Doesn't Allow Spaces
- U4-6994 - Repository level performance enhancements - remaining N+1 queries
- U4-7239 - Chainging dynamic macro parameters break when spaces are used
- U4-7673 - Umbraco publish fails because of Umbraco.Core.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger - DISTRIBUTED CACHE IS NOT UPDATED
- U4-7833 - Changing doc type results in invalid lucene indexes, etc...
- U4-8782 - E-mail validation when editing user
- U4-8937 - ContentController.PostSort is not honouring the passed sorted ids.
- U4-8995 - Health Check in 7.5.3 showing incorrect diagnosis for Try Skip IIS Custom Errors
- U4-9036 - New Package Installer needs a confirmation when a package has been installed
- U4-9055 - Preview background colour interferes with website background colour (on desktop mode)
- U4-9068 - Truncate string containing emoji fails
- U4-9077 - SPIKE: Relations repositories does not use cache
- U4-9090 - Upgrade Core to ModelsBuilder 3.0.5
- U4-9091 - Media Picker - inconsistent font-face
- U4-9093 - Fix SQL used to rebuild the media & content xml structures in the data integrity check
- U4-9101 - fix up how cache refresh instructions are read or written and to prevent duplicate processing
- U4-9104 - Update the UmbracoExamine logic for Media to read the data directly from the umbracoXml table
- U4-9105 - SPIKE: Ensure our Lambda expression tree parsers at our service layer are not performance bottlenecks
- U4-9107 - Change BulkInsertRecords to use BulkCopy or TableDirect (SQLCE)
- U4-9108 - See if we need to move the servers lock from umbracoNode to umbracoLock (same as v8) to avoid deadlocks
- U4-9109 - Automapper upgrade seems to break things
- U4-9121 - Collision detection in PublishedContentCache - GetRouteById impacts frontend performance
- U4-9126 - URL tracker is missing danish language keys
- U4-9132 - Macros from packages are empty when restored
- U4-9134 - XSS security issue in the grid
- U4-9136 - XML Data integrity fix doesn't work on Umbraco Cloud
- U4-9137 - Media Cache returning trashed items
- U4-9146 - Health Check dashboard - Data Integrity section - missing punctuation
- U4-9147 - Incorrect grammar in Health Check dashboard section
- U4-9152 - Updated PL translations
- U4-9153 - Better translation for dialogs (DK)
- U4-9160 - Headline in the "Republish entire site" dialog is not translated
- U4-9161 - Link to mediatype from media properties
- U4-9163 - Remove obsolete target-options in the linkpicker
- U4-9166 - Link to member type from member properties
- U4-9185 - lastLockoutDate does not get set when too many invalid password attempts are made
- U4-9188 - Remove unnecessary duplicate index IX_cmsPropertyData
- U4-9195 - A user with the login already exists after - U4-8837 Change paging query for SQL server 2012+ to be more efficient
- U4-9209 - Nuget update for xdt removes the HtmlAgility assembly binding, but doesnt re-add it
- U4-9212 - Unrestricted File Upload Vulnerability
- U4-9216 - Cannot save Containers
- U4-9222 - The in memory XML cache is cloned everytime there is a content save even if there is nothing published
- U4-9242 - XmlWhiteSpace nodes appear in Xml cache