Released on Not yet determined
Umbraco 7.5, the "System management update"
- 301 redirect management
- Health check dashboard
- Password recovery for backoffice
- Packages installer UI update / packages can target a minimum Umbraco version
Make sure to read the blog post for the 7.5.0 release!
Note: version 7.5.x changes the ImageProcessor version, which might have impact on your site. Make sure to read the blog post for all the details on that.
Note: if you had previously installed the beta/beta2 and are relying on the URL tracker already then please note that we had to make some changes and WILL drop the redirect table completely, so all of your current redirects will be deleted. Make sure to make database backups so you can migrate them.
Follow the normal installation guidelines.
Upgrading from 7.4.x / 7.5.x
Make sure to follow the general upgrade guide.
Upgrading from 7.3.x / 7.4 pre-releases
Note: If you're upgrading manually: make sure to merge both web.config in the root AND the web.config in the Views folder and Dashboard.config/trees.config in the Config folder.
Note: if you're doing a NuGet upgrade from 7.4.0-RC1 then your web.config will be overwritten completely, make sure to back it up first and then restore it after NuGet is done working. This will not happen in future upgrades and only affects upgrading from this one specific version 7.4.0-RC1. You will also lose the App_Browsers folder, make sure to copy those files back in too.
Upgrading from 7.1.x or 7.2.x
There are a few minor breaking changes in this release, listed below. Make sure to go through them before you upgrade.
Upgrading through NuGet
NuGet upgrades will handle everything for you automatically, so you only need to follow the general upgrade guide.
Related changes from the issue tracker
No items to display
Issues & Tasks
- U4-7673 - Umbraco publish fails because of Umbraco.Core.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger - DISTRIBUTED CACHE IS NOT UPDATED
- U4-9101 - fix up how cache refresh instructions are read or written and to prevent duplicate processing
- U4-9104 - Update the UmbracoExamine logic for Media to read the data directly from the umbracoXml table
- U4-9105 - SPIKE: Ensure our Lambda expression tree parsers at our service layer are not performance bottlenecks
- U4-9108 - See if we need to move the servers lock from umbracoNode to umbracoLock (same as v8) to avoid deadlocks
- U4-9195 - A user with the login already exists after - U4-8837 Change paging query for SQL server 2012+ to be more efficient
- U4-9222 - The in memory XML cache is cloned everytime there is a content save even if there is nothing published