Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nic Wise 51 posts 85 karma points
    Jun 02, 2012 @ 18:52
    Nic Wise

Odd issue of a node which is a number

Hi there

We have an node named 12345. It sits under /foo (so /foo/12345)

We also have an umbracoUrlAlias which is 12345, so we should be able to hit /12345

problem is, we can't on the live site (we CAN on staging... still not sure why!). It's trying to hit document number 12345 (and no, the staging document number isn't 12345 just by chance)

The full URL works fine tho - /foo/12345

Any ideas where to look? Or ideas how we turn off the "look for the node id if the url is a number" thing?

Thanks!

Nic

• kristian schneider 190 posts 351 karma points
    Jun 02, 2012 @ 19:41
    kristian schneider

Have you tried to do a diff of the files between your staging and your production enviroment? 

Perhaps a setting somewhere is different.

Jun 02, 2012 @ 19:45
    Nic Wise

Thanks - I'll need to go thru and compare them. Everything is deployed from one script, so there should be little or no difference in the config. I hope.

Oddly, 12345/news works fine. Just not 12345.

thanks!

Jun 04, 2012 @ 22:34
    Nic Wise

I did work it out in the end. It appears Umbraco (4.7.2) DOES look for a node ID before it looks for an umbracoUrlAlias. I happened to have a node with ID of 12345, and it was trying to use it (which failed as it was one of our layout nodes, so didn't have a template)

I "fixed" it by removing that node, and creating a new one with the same content (but a different node id!). I did have to mess with the uniqueID of tha old one, as I was also couriering it over from another server.

Be interesting to see if it comes back tho.

Very odd. I wonder how easy it would be to change the router.....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft