Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I have a custom developed section that displays correctly and the contenttrees are loaded correctly when I enter the custom section. There is one minor problem though. In the title for the page it writes: Undefined - Umbraco - Umbraco4_1 (this is the hostname), instead of the name of the.
In prior versions it's displayed correctly. Anyone know what I'm missing?
I might be wrong, but I think you may need to add an entry in the <area alias="sections"> area in umbraco/config/lang/en.xml for your section.
Thanks for the suggestion. It worked. It didn't at first, but an iisreset seemed to fix it.
I've got the same problem whem I trying to add a new section to Umbraco 4.5. I've already added the entry in <area alias="sections"> but it didn't work. I'm running my website with the visual studio Built-in Web Server. Can it also reset?
Does it help by touching the web.config so your app will restart anyway? All those translations are read from db once at startup, so best bet is to restart the app.
I tried that and also refreshed some dll's in the bin folder, but it doesn't help. This is how my lang file looks:
<key alias="installer">Umbraco Configuration Wizard</key>
The alias is the same as in the umbracoApp and umbracoAppTree tables.
The rest of the tree works fine, but I still get undefined in the title and the name above the root node is also the name of the previous section.
Media is the section I last visited. It should be Houses instead.
Should I report this as a bug on CodePlex?
Please log on Codeplex, just verified on a v4.5.1 beta and have same issues, the section name is indeed the last section you've visited before going into the custom section (and the issue was there prior to 4.5.1 beta)
I've created a workitem: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28228. Please vote.
Are more people having this problem with their custom section in Umbraco 4.5.x?
Yes, we are still having this issue with 4.5.1 and a custom section. Waiting for a Umbraco fix.....
Got the same issue here. Umbraco 4.5.2 (upgrade from 4.5.1 )
I have the same problem too. Umbraco 4.5.2 (upgraded from 4.5.1)
Same here using version 4.5.2
I am using 4.5.2 (clean install) and for me everything works after I updated the in the /umbraco/config/lang/en.xml file
I also updated the <area alias="sections"></area> in the /umbraco/config/lang/en.xml, but it still displays the name of the previous section + undefined in the title.
Jeroen, have you tried updating the <area alias="sections"></area> in the /umbraco/config/lang/nl.xml? I see you are from the Netherlands and if your Umbraco installation or browser has its culture set to nl (http://www.utoug.org/i/doc/global_codes.htm) it may be looking inside their instead of the en.xml file.
I'm currently using the english version of Umbraco because there are some problems with the dutch version so I don't use the nl.xml file.
Hi, the Umbraco development team are aware of this issue, it effects their own custom sections such as Contour and Concierge as well as any bespoke sections you have developed. Hopefully a fix will be included in the next release.
This should hopefully then stop Undefined displaying in the header/title bar.
That works perfectly, thank you very much. I noticed that the ClientDependency folder hasn't recreated, is there something that I need to do to make it recreate or does it not matter?
It should recreate itself, the only reason it wouldn't is if you have compilation > debug set to true in your web.config.
Strange, what I have is:
<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false" batch="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Then it should be fine. Have you tried refreshing your App_Data folder?
Ah, I've just noticed both ClientDependancy and ExamineIndexes have been created inside the TEMP folder inside App_Data???
Cool, might have been a recent change, but as long as it's working =)
Thanks Matt, will check out about why the ClientDependancy folder is being created inside the TEMP folder with the team, just to be sure it's not causing a different issue.
Brilliant to have browser titles back though!
Thank you! This solved it for me too :).
I guess the ClientDependency folder that is in App_Data folder was the old one, because only my sites upgraded from 4.5.1 has contents inside. For 4.5.2 the folder is inside App_Data/TEMP.
Increasing the ClientDependency version in config/ClientDependency.config has solved my issue, I didn't even need to delete the folder nor recycling the app pool.
EDIT: I found it now, where the ClientDependency generated are depends on the value of compositeFilePath of CompositeFileProfessor in config/ClientDependency.config file.
You don't have to delete the ClientDependency folder, but I tend to, just to cleanup any old files
Yup, true :-)
Just got this in 4.6.1 and solved it by emptying App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency.
Didn't need to increment the config file - presumably because there was no cache any more anyway :o)
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted