Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 11, 2010 @ 02:21
    overflew

Understanding compiling the source - v4.5.2

Hi there,

I'm trying to understand how to go about compiling the Umbraco source. I'm wanting to make one small change to umbraco.businesslogic (a bug fix around duplicate nodes displaying in the content tree)

I've downloaded the release marked v4.5.2 (76545), and tried building the solution from there. This post overcame the compilation errors (namely moving all solutions to .NET 3.5, and setting the 'specific version' of System.Web.Extensions to false).

The issue I have now is that the .dll file in /trunk/umbraco/businesslogic/bin/release is 96kb, whereas the one that came with the Umbraco 4.5.2 release is 112kb. And having replaced the dll in my installation, loading Umbraco gives the error:

Method not found: 'Boolean umbraco.UmbracoSettings.get_AutoCleanLogs()'.

Could someone please let me know if I'm doing this right?

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2010 @ 10:56
    Morten Bock

I think you are looking in the wrong place.

You should be getting the 4.5.2 source from the /branches/4.1.0/ folder: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/76545#907517

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 01:43
    overflew

Thanks Morten.

A quick note to anyone who finds this - The solution in that folder will require VS2010. But the bonus is, it compiled perfectly, with no fiddling about like mentioned in the linked post above.

The output DLL is still smaller than the one that came with Umbraco, but it seems to work sweet for now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft