Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Lippert 12 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 05, 2010 @ 21:03
    Peter Lippert

My use of Mail Engine by Nibble returns application error...

Hi all

On a simple test-site running Runway and I have installed the UtilitiesPackage and using the subscribe/unsubscribe-macro. This is good - it woks.

Then I have installed Mikkel Stracks version of Nibbles Mail Engine, but I can't get it to work... When I right-click on a page to send it, and click [send as email] i get the application error below :-(
    The error appears in the the pop-up where the first options should be...

I have no idea of why this file is not located in the root folder, and I really hope that someone in here can help me...
    The EO.web.dll has been copied to the /bin folder...

Thanks

Peter

--

Server Error in '/' Application.

Please verify whether file eo_web.ashx is on your web application's root directory. That file is required for EO.Web Controls to run in your application. If the file does not exist, please copy it from EO.Web Controls' installation folder.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Please verify whether file eo_web.ashx is on your web application's root directory. That file is required for EO.Web Controls to run in your application. If the file does not exist, please copy it from EO.Web Controls' installation folder.

Source Error:

Line 38:     </asp:ScriptManager>
    Line 39:
    Line 40: <eo:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager2" runat="server">
    Line 41: </eo:ScriptManager>
    Line 42:

Source File: c:\inetpub\vhosts\ilikeit.dk\httpdocs\umbraco\dialogs\mailing.aspx    Line: 40

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Please verify whether file eo_web.ashx is on your web application's root directory. That file is required for EO.Web Controls to run in your application. If the file does not exist, please copy it from EO.Web Controls' installation folder.]
    EO.Web.Internal.bh.a() +62
    EO.Web.Internal.bh.b() +30
    EO.Web.Internal.bh.a(HttpApplication A_0, Boolean A_1) +288
    EO.Web.Internal.ev.a(Boolean A_0, HttpApplication A_1) +197
    EO.Web.Control..ctor(Type implType) +80
    EO.Web.ScriptManager..ctor() +25
    ASP.umbraco_dialogs_mailing_aspx.__BuildControlScriptManager2() in c:\inetpub\vhosts\ilikeit.dk\httpdocs\umbraco\dialogs\mailing.aspx:40
    ASP.umbraco_dialogs_mailing_aspx.__BuildControlform1() in c:\inetpub\vhosts\ilikeit.dk\httpdocs\umbraco\dialogs\mailing.aspx:35
    ASP.umbraco_dialogs_mailing_aspx.__BuildControlTree(umbraco_dialogs_mailing_aspx __ctrl) in c:\inetpub\vhosts\ilikeit.dk\httpdocs\umbraco\dialogs\mailing.aspx:1
    ASP.umbraco_dialogs_mailing_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\a3b9faed\d5e44682\App_Web_mailing.aspx.10695ae8.ysxectec.0.cs:0
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +56
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.umbraco_dialogs_mailing_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\a3b9faed\d5e44682\App_Web_mailing.aspx.10695ae8.ysxectec.0.cs:0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 07:14
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Is the file eo_web.ashx present? And if so, is it also in the umbracoReservedUrls list in you web.config (just add: ,/eo_web.ashx )?

Could you give a little more information on where Mikkel Strak's version is, as I'm not familiar with it..

I've tried running the UtilitiesPackage before on a 4.0.x install and it gave me all kinds of errors, so I haven't played with it since May. Not sure if it is even still supported..

Jan 06, 2010 @ 07:34
    Peter Lippert

Hi

I'm not sure where I should find eo_web.ashx, but its not in the root, and it's not in the /bin... And I can't seem to find it to download, so the answer must be a no...
    Where can I find this file?

As I understand it, the only diffference there is from Nibbles mail Engine to Mikkels, is the ability to send danish characters...

About the utilitiespackage, I'm just using the subscribe-macro, and that works fine. I have a form with two fields, and when filling out these and hitting Subscribe, the data is saved in the member-section :-)

Jan 06, 2010 @ 07:59
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I see where you got the package from now.

Hmm, actually, it doesn't have to be in the root, it could also be a httpHandler in your web.config.

In your httpHandlers section, try adding:

<add verb="POST,GET,HEAD" path="eo_web.ashx" type="EO.Web, EO.Web" />

I'm not sure that the will work, as the first "Eo.Web" in the type could be a different namespace, but unfortunately, the source of that DLL is not available so we don't know. You might want to ask Mikkel for the source or his solution for the problem. :-)

Jan 06, 2010 @ 11:06
    Peter Lippert

I will give it a try ;-)

Btw. the same error appeared when using Nibbles original package...!

Peter

Jan 06, 2010 @ 11:32
    Peter Lippert

:-(

Didnt work... I still get the same error.

Can anyone mayby help me get this file? ([email protected])

thanks.

Jan 06, 2010 @ 11:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

That's a shame, you could also try asking @timgeyssens nicely on Twitter.. :)

Jan 06, 2010 @ 12:23
    Peter Lippert

Mayby I will ;-)

Thanks for your time!

Peter

Jan 07, 2010 @ 12:38
    Peter Lippert

Could it be because its not the right type of document I am trying to send? Its one of the default Runway-textpages - 'Getting started'...?

Help and ideas are very welcome...!

Thanks ;-)

Jan 12, 2010 @ 15:47
    Peter Lippert

With a little help from my friend... ;-)

I have the solution, if anyone should end up in the same situation as me.

Download: EO.Web Controls

http://www.brothersoft.com/eo.web-controls-download-74931.html

I just installed the setup on my local machine, and the eo_web.ashx is located in the program-folder. Then I copied it from my local machine to my website - and voilá - mail engine is now working like a charm!

• Søren Eriksen-Aagreen 29 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 13:43
    Søren Eriksen-Aagreen

As Peter Lippert said:

With a little help from my friend... ;-)

I have the solution, if anyone should end up in the same situation as me.

Download: EO.Web Controls

www.brothersoft.com/...ontrols-download-74931.html

I just installed the setup on my local machine, and the eo_web.ashx is located in the program-folder. Then I copied it from my local machine to my website - and voilá - mail engine is now working like a charm!

--

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft