Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stephen 32 posts 52 karma points
    Jan 10, 2011 @ 12:17
    stephen

XSLT help and Advice

Hi,

I'm trying to create a way of displaying the results of a user's search on my sites product page. For example if the user searches for t-shirts I'm trying to display the results on the a page with 4-5 rows and X number of columns, and maybe a page number feature at the bottom i.e. with  previous 1 2 3 next etc. Each product will have an Image with 2-3 description tages such as name and price etc.

I'm trying to create something to this effect

Product Image          Product Image          Product Image          Product Image
    Description               Description               Description              Description
    Price                        Price                       Price                       Price

Previous 1 2 3 . . 5 Next

I did post a similar thread where and was suggested to use xslt for this for this effect.

This is my second site to create and my first one using umbraco. I'm planning on having around 200+ products on the site.

My questions are to do something like the above would I be better to store the product images and data in a database and query it to return and display the results? Or would it be easier to use document types? Are there any advantages of either method.

I have only used XSLT to create the site navigation menu and footers so I have little experience with it, so if anybody can suggest which of the above methods would be best and help me get started on the XSLT it would be greatly appreciated.

One XSLT example I have been looking at was the solution found here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/xslt/11527-Problem-with-listing-HTLM-strcuture-with-XSLT

I have tried a similar example were I have product and product items, but I'm unsure how to edit the XSLT to get the effect I am looking for.

Thanks,

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft