Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 14:10
    Mike Chambers

umbraco 4.5 on rackspace cloud sites...

Saw that medium trust is now supported... yippee I thought so have tried to install on rackspacecloud sites...

All went well during the install, including runway after following the 4.03 medium trust instructions...

eg

1. Create a new site using from the Rackspace Cloudsites controlpanel with Windows as the primary technology
    2. Add a MySql 5 database and a database user
    3. Download Benjamin's 4.0.3 medium trust build  ("download source code' link on this page) and unzip to a local folder
    4. Replace web.config with an asp.net 3.5 compatible version, located here
    5. In the web.config, add the umbracoDbDSN key for MySql. Example:
      <add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="datalayer=MySql;server=mysql50-37.wc2.dfw1.stabletransit.com;database=12324_umbracomysqldb;user id=1234_umbracoUser;password=UmbracoPassword1" />
    6. Alter web.config to set up impersonation for this site - Refer to this article on the Rackspace knowledge base
    7. Upload files to the server and set folder permissions to 775  for all folders mentioned here using filezilla (or any ftp client). important: create empty folders for non existing ones.
    8. Point browser to your site, and Umbraco installation shall begin; now follow the guided installation

As I say the installation seemed to go ok. However, trying to use I get security permission issues...

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
       System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +58
       System.IO.Path.GetTempPath() +54
       Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory..cctor() +80

Now I'm not sure if this looks related to trying to save to the system temp folder? If so then is there a way to set a local folder as the temp folder, as the shared hosting doesn't give permissions to the local temp..

Or is it something to do with the Lucene method?

Any help much appreciated.

Jul 15, 2010 @ 15:29
    Mike Chambers

Found the solution....

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28080

Updating the lucene.net.dll sorted it, althought the binary attached is 2.9.2.2 and not 2.9.3 as posted. Unless it's just the details on the dll that haven't been updated.

Content seems to be publishing now...

• Pete 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 17, 2010 @ 22:25
    Pete

Is this still working for you? 

I'm trying to install 4.5.1 for asp.net 3.5 on Rackspace Cloud, and having no luck.  It sounded like 4.5.1 is supposed to work in medium trust and have all these fixes you mention rolled in, but something is wrong.  The links to the 4.0.3 medium trust build are gone as well...

I have customErrors set to off but it still won't even show me the exception trace.

Aug 20, 2010 @ 13:29
    Mike Chambers

I haven't tried 4.5.1 physically  on the cloud as yet... but am running it locally with the rackspace medium trust settings.

Will post when I get around to updating the cloud version.

• Michael Lawrence 128 posts 200 karma points
    Aug 29, 2010 @ 01:15
    Michael Lawrence

I'm currently trying to install 4.5.2 for ASP.NET 3.5 (Medium Trust) on the Rackspace Cloud and while I have no problem installing it and creating pages, I do have problems with the Umbraco Package Repository. I then read up on the forums here and found this post:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10735-Using-Medium-Trust-on-Shared-Hosting-account-with-version-450

which lead me to 

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28080

I tried using the attached Lucene.Net.dll file, and also tried building it from the SVN link provided and both did not work.  I'm still getting the following error when trying to access the Package Repository:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: App_Web_browserepository.aspx.5d1c7564.8yrhttjy.0.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
       System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +58
       System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity) +595
       System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity) +150
       System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +6
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Settings.HasFileAccess(Exception& exp) +292
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.BrowseRepository.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +110
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
       ASP.umbraco_developer_packages_browserepository_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in App_Web_browserepository.aspx.5d1c7564.8yrhttjy.0.cs:0
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4206; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016 
    Aug 29, 2010 @ 12:14
    Mike Chambers

I think you might have fallen foul of the bug with MS FILEIO and folder generation in clustered environments in .net3.5/ .net2.0

(basically in medium trust in on the cloud FILEIO can't create folders :-( ) http://cloudsites.rackspacecloud.com/index.php/Overview_of_modified_Medium_Trust#FileIO

Whilst that wiki says the only work around is ftp folder creation that's not actaully true.

If you raise a ticket to ask them to add "symbolic links" for the site in question, that should sort your issue.

(ps I presume you are already using impersonation)

Aug 30, 2010 @ 21:41
    Michael Lawrence

Edit: This post is unnecessary.

Aug 30, 2010 @ 21:56
    Michael Lawrence

Actually, ignore that last post. I thought I had impersonation enabled, but I must have removed it at some point for some reason. I added it and now it's working. Slowly, but it's working.  Thanks so much for your help!

• Brian Manning 22 posts 43 karma points
    Dec 25, 2010 @ 19:34
    Brian Manning

I wanted to mention that I've been seeing the same issue, but only intermittently. With one site, I was able to install packages without issue, another I was unable to, and a third I cannot even open the package tree. I'll check back here as I progress along.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft