Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tizer 170 posts 201 karma points
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 09:45
    Tizer

Multiple sites - Error Parsing xslt files

OK - I've never done multiple sites before and am fairly new to umbraco... but I've managed to get the domain part working - (I think), but the xslt files are producing errors.

What I did was set up the multiple sites via the wikiarticle, created a new document type & template for the new site. Then I copied the old site template into the new site template, changed the css so I could see differences - which worked - then added new content - which worked.

My content/template/doctype setup up is one with a master page and child template (so on the master template I have a asp:ContentPlaceHolder - is that correct? I was trying to kep it all tidy in the admin.

But the xslt files are giving the error.

It looks like the css, media, js and other directories are being read, but the xslt one isn't - which is why the error is occuring. I added ?umbdebugshowtrace=true to the end of the url, but there were no red errors...

Which makes me think there is something I need to add to the xslt file to make it usable on multiple installs... but what that is, I don't know

Any ideas?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 09:56
    Rich Green

Hi,

You don't need to add anything to the xslt file to make it 'work' for a multiple install.

What is the error you are getting? It would be helpful if you could post your xslt and an image of your content structure.

Rich

Dec 12, 2010 @ 10:37
    Tizer

Thanks Rich :)

The xslt error is: Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\Footer.xslt

My content structure is:

My Document Type is for site 1:

Master -- homepage

My Document Type is for site 1:

Simpa -- homepage

Templates the same..

The way I got multiple sites to work you can find in the last post here:

I am only testing on the home page at the moment.

Is that what you were after?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 10:44
    Rich Green

Hi,

Can't see that image for some reason.

Your xslt error in the footer.xslt is more than likely due to some incorrect logic, if you can post your content structure and the footer.xslt file I'm sure we can solve it.

Rich

Dec 12, 2010 @ 10:47
    Tizer

Yes - I messed that up :)

2 secs

Dec 12, 2010 @ 10:49
    Tizer

See Below - sorry :)

Dec 12, 2010 @ 10:51
    Tizer

Bugger - thats not working... sorry - just seend the code section :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
    version="1.0"
    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
    xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
    xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
    exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<div class="footerContent">

<a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl($currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Terms and Conditions']/@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Terms and Conditions']/data[@alias = 'pageTitle'] "/></a> &nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl($currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Privacy Policy']/@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Privacy Policy']/data[@alias = 'pageTitle'] "/></a> &nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl($currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Site Map']/@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Site Map']/data[@alias = 'pageTitle'] "/></a>
    </div>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft