Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Pickin 5 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 12:06
    Tim Pickin

The HTTP verb POST used to access path "/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData" is not allowed.

I have just installed umbraco on a shared hosting environment with netcetera.

Everything went smoothly with the install, but now when I log in to the administrator page there are no trees being displayed, so I am unable to use Umbraco at all.

An error occurs in firebug when any button is selected, eg, the content or settings buttons. this is the error:

405 Method Not Allowed

When I look at it in more detail it says:

The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData' is not allowed.

you can log onto my umbraco at www.timpickin.co.uk/umbraco/login.aspx the username is: admin and the password is: n3tc3t3r@  and have a look at the situation yourselves.

I have seen another post on this same error I think. http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/12203-Can%27t-See-Tree-Items-When-Upgrading-to-Umbraco-452. But there are no solutions posted.

I would appreciate any insight you can give. Thankyou.

Tim

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 13:04
    Sebastiaan Janssen

There a multiple reasons that this could happen, your best bet is to do a search for "empty trees", that will give you a lot of topics to wade through.

Dec 14, 2010 @ 13:20
    Tim Pickin

Hello Sebastiaan,

Thankyou for your reply, I did a search for empty trees, but all the posts refer to trees which are empty but where the top level root node is still showing. However for me I do not even have that appearing, the tree panel is completely empty, which makes me wonder if it is a different problem. The various posts on empty trees do not seem relevent to my particular problem.

You can log in to the website yourself to take a look if you like, maybe that will give you some ideas?

Tim

• Jeff Schmoe 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 16:54
    Jeff Schmoe

I am also getting this exact same error.  Has a solution been found yet?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 17:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeff

Which ISP are you using and are you running full trust or medium trust and what version of Umbraco are you running? (Tim if you still have not found a solution please provide us with the same information as well).

I'm not sure but I think this has to do with permissions.

/Jan

Dec 29, 2010 @ 15:31
    Jeff Schmoe

Umbraco 4.5.2, running it locally on an XP Pro with IIS 5.Something.  I have tried 2 different techniques. One is installing the package and database myself; second, is through the microsoft package installer.  Full trust I believe.

As far as permissions go, I have been setting the ASPNET user to have full control on a bunch of directories and such.  With the installer, it configured permissions for me.

All processes on the installation seem to be going fine otherwise.

• Vladimir Dobrov 45 posts 167 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 13:56
    Vladimir Dobrov

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue! Any solution?

Jan 06, 2011 @ 01:12
    Vladimir Dobrov

Finally I have found the solution of the problem. It's because of URL Rewrite module of IIS. http://www.lukemelia.com/blog/archives/2007/01/05/aspnet-the-http-verb-post-used-to-access-path-is-not-allowed/

Jan 06, 2011 @ 15:30
    Jeff Schmoe

I cannot find HomeDirectory>Configuration>Mappings where any mappings in the list have a *.  Can somebody hook me up with a list of XP Pro SP3 IIS 5.1 mappings so I can compare.

Jan 06, 2011 @ 15:31
    Jeff Schmoe

Duplicate sorry. oh well KARMA!

Jan 07, 2011 @ 13:49
    Tim Pickin

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies and advice, I finally solved the problem.

What I had to do was log onto the cp2 control panel of my host,

then in the website settings I changed the ASP.NET settings from 4.0 to 4.0(Integrated Pipeline) and then it worked.

I hope this helps the others who have this problem.

• David 57 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 19:54
    David

Well, that solved the issue with the content tree.  However, now on the right pane everything is jumbled up.   See image below.  Any ideas?

Jan 26, 2011 @ 10:46
    Vladimir Dobrov

I had exactly the same situation after switching to Integrated mode. So switching to the Integrated mode doesn't solve the problem. Use the solution I've described above.

• David 57 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 26, 2011 @ 14:39
    David

So you just disabled the IIS rewrite module?  I don't really get that option as this hosted through softsys hosting and have limited ability to make changes to IIS.  Is there another way to disable it? 

Jan 26, 2011 @ 14:58
    Vladimir Dobrov

David, the solution is NOT to DISABLE rewrite module. The solution is to remove mapping * from "Handler mappings". That mapping was created by rewrite module. If you can't use IIS 7 manager tool then ask your hoster support to remove that binding for your site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft