Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Angelia 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 05, 2011 @ 04:55
    Angelia

Unable to expand Packages in Umbraco in 4.6

hi,

I am try to install new packages in umbraco. However, I cannot expand the packages tree, or see "ïnstall local packages".  I checked that App_data/created and App_data/installed  is there and the permissions are correct.

At present, url of packages points to /umbraco/null. I hope someone can advise me how to get this resolved. Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 20:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Angelina

Is it exactly 4.6 you're using? not 4.6.1?

Do you know what the app pool settings look like in IIS? Is it running integrated mode? And is it only the packages section that is bugging?

/Jan

Mar 06, 2011 @ 22:24
    Angelia

hi Jan,

It is 4.6.1.  The app pool settings  are .NET Framework version: >NET framework  v4.0.30319. Pipeline is Integrated. It seems only packages section is having the problem. I can open all other sections.

angelia

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 23:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Angelina

Have you installed any packages? Or are you trying to install them? If no packages are installed the "installed packages" can't be expanded since there are no packages installed.

How do you try to install the packages?

/Jan

Mar 15, 2011 @ 01:34
    Angelia

hi Jan,

I am trying to install a package via the install local package child under packages, but I cannot see the "Install local package" child.

angelia

• Dan Høegh 14 posts 34 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 12:34
    Dan Høegh

Same problem here. I can see the Packages folder in the Developer tree in Umbraco, but there is no content in it. Everything else I have tried works

This is a brand new install.

I have checked filepermissions, the MSSQL user/agent permission settings, recopied the entire content of the build folder from the 4.7.1 zip (except web.config).

Funny thing is that I installed 6 umbraco instances on 2 different laptops (3 on each, since I'm attending Umbraco lvl1+2 training in october) and all the instances on one laptop (A) works, while the 3 on the other laptop (B) are broken.

This suggest to me that there is a general problem with Laptop B. Could this be a problem with my MSSQL installation?

• Dan Høegh 14 posts 34 karma points
    Sep 26, 2011 @ 10:14
    Dan Høegh

Solved. Needed to ad permissions for IIS_ISURS to \windows\temp

Se this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/17206-Entire-Packages-Node-empty-fresh-452-install  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft