Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Denis Thomas 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 15:09
    Denis Thomas

New members and member types invisible in new installation

Hi,

I just installed a new Umbraco instance on a Windows Server 2008 R2 using IIS 7.5 and MS SQL Express 2008.

I took the following steps:

1. Unzipped v4.7.0.378.zip to a local folder

2. Set the security permissions of that folder so that NETWORKSERVICE has full access

3. Created a DB named Umbraco in the \SQLEXPRESS instance

4. Created an SQL user named Umbracouser and set the required permissions for the Umbraco DB

5. Cahnged the Umbraco apppool to use NETWORKSERVICE

6. Opened Umbraco in IE and completed the installation

Now everything seems to work fine. But when I go to the Members section and create a new member type I can save it with no errors but afterwards the Member Types node is still empty. Also the Memebers node is empty and not showing the a to z subfolders.

I installed another Umbraco instance on my development machine using Web Matrix which worked fine but I just can't get this instance to work. So I would be glad if anybody could give me some hints what may be wrong here.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 20:27
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Is your application pool for this instance actually using the Network Service user? It seems like a permissions problem, but I can't be sure.

If that isn't the problem, you should probably try and have a look with Fiddler2 what kind of error is returned underwater when trying to open up the members list.

• Denis Thomas 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 27, 2011 @ 09:36
    Denis Thomas

I checked that and the AppPool is using Network Service...

I am currently setting up a new clean machine for another installation I will check if the problem there occurs also.

Additionally I will have  look with Fiddler2...

• Jon Boyer 37 posts 59 karma points
    Sep 08, 2011 @ 04:38
    Jon Boyer

Did you get to the bottom of this?

I've just migrated an umbraco instance from staging to live, and my member tree is empty, but when I check dbo.cmsMember in the database the members are all present and correct....

• Jon Boyer 37 posts 59 karma points
    Sep 08, 2011 @ 05:36
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft