Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikael Mørup 297 posts 326 karma points
    Aug 12, 2011 @ 13:15
    Mikael Mørup

rich text missing afte upgrade to 4.7

I have upgraded to 4.7 and after some initial problems i have most of my site working as it should be.

I have one serious issue left, all the rich text boxes are missing in the backend.

When i look at the source for the backend page i can see this:

<div class="propertyItemheader">Indhold<br /><small>Sidens hovedindhold</small></div>
        <div class="propertyItemContent">

<textarea name="ctl00$body$prop_indhold" rows="2" cols="20" id="body_prop_indhold" class="tinymceContainer" style="visibility: hidden">

The textarea used for rendering the Tiny MCE editor in the backend page has Visibility:hidden,i can actually see the content from the rich textbox in the source for the page.

How did that happen ? and what can i do to fix it ?

Mikael

Aug 12, 2011 @ 13:22
    Mikael Mørup

If i try to open the Richtext editor under Datatypes in the developer section i get this YSOD:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '75'  Key being added: '75'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '75'  Key being added: '75'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '75'  Key being added: '75']
       System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value) +9428070
       umbraco.editorControls.tinymce.tinyMCEConfiguration.get_SortedCommands() +178
       umbraco.editorControls.tinymce.tinyMCEPreValueConfigurator.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +1610
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Does this mean that there is something wrong with my tinyMCE config file ?

Mikael

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Aug 12, 2011 @ 13:35
    Lennart Stoop

Hey Mikael,

Yeah I think there's something wrong with the config file, either the file permissions are incorrect or something custom was added which breaks the configuration.

Here's what I found in simular threads:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/eyecatch-syntax-highlighter/feedback/20903-error-on-editing-richtext-editor-datatype

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/6114-URGENT!-----RTE-Randomly-stopped-showing

Since you upgraded you may need to merge the old config file with the new config file from a clean 4.7 umbraco install.

Grtz

L

Aug 12, 2011 @ 14:12
    Mikael Mørup

You totally rock .-)

I had added the template command in the config file with priority=75, this is also used by the new spell checker command.

So now i can see the RTE in the Datatypes section, but they still do not show up in the backend when i edit my pages.

I tried to use the original config file from the 4.7 distribution, and this solves my problem, so now i just need to figure out how to get the templates command into the config file without breaking it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft