Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NightWolf 41 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 00:45
    NightWolf

URGENT! RTE Randomly stopped showing

Version 4.0.3: I click on my content tab and nothing when I view the source there is a textarea control with an element style of visibility: hidden. The control was loading correctly yesterday and nothing has changed besides deleting some properties.

Any ideas I have replaced all the tinymce configs with the orig and still nothing... Could a server change have effected this?

Dec 29, 2009 @ 00:52
    NightWolf

In addition this is the exception from the server:

Event Type:    Warning
    Event Source:    ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category:    Web Event
    Event ID:    1309
    Date:        12/29/2009
    Time:        10:35:41 AM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    **********
    Description:
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 12/29/2009 10:35:41 AM
    Event time (UTC): 12/28/2009 11:35:41 PM
    Event ID: 290794dc991a4e2ba7e24e7e9f1815c6
    Event sequence: 69
    Event occurrence: 1
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: ***********
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /
        Application Path: ****************
        Machine name: ************

Process information:
        Process ID: **********
        Process name: **********
        Account name: **********

Exception information:
        Exception type: HttpException
        Exception message: The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x80072746.

Request information:
        Request URL: http://www.***********.***/umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx?rnd=7cfc5933-3c1b-4b9c-822b-73f922fab5c9&module=gzipmodule&themes=umbraco&plugins=contextmenu,advimage,paste,media,advlink,umbracocss,umbracomacro,noneditable,inlinepopups,table&languages=en
        Request path: /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx
        User host address: ****************
        User: 
        Is authenticated: False
        Authentication Type: 
        Thread account name: ***********

Thread information:
        Thread ID: *
        Thread account name: *****************
        Is impersonating: False
        Stack trace:    at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProcForIIS6.FlushCore(Byte[] status, Byte[] header, Int32 keepConnected, Int32 totalBodySize, Int32 numBodyFragments, IntPtr[] bodyFragments, Int32[] bodyFragmentLengths, Int32 doneWithSession, Int32 finalStatus, Boolean& async)
       at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequest.FlushCachedResponse(Boolean isFinal)
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush)
       at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.InternalWrite(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Boolean isAsync)
       at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at umbraco.presentation.plugins.tinymce3.GzipCompressor.StreamFromTo(Stream in_stream, Stream out_stream, Int32 buff_size, CloseMode mode)
       at umbraco.presentation.plugins.tinymce3.GzipCompressor.Compress(Stream to_stream)
       at umbraco.presentation.plugins.tinymce3.GzipModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Dec 29, 2009 @ 00:56
    NightWolf

Sorry to keep posting to my own thread... The issue has been resolved. I replaced the config files and umbraco/plugins folder and all seems to be working again. I assume something got corrupt somehow :( I would still appreciate any information someone can bring to this issue?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 11:24
    Douglas Robar

Glad you got it sorted out!

If I were to guess about the original cause I would suspect a file permission problem. This sometimes happens if the application pool owner changes, if FTP is used to upload files, if a user directly saves a file and the owner changes, etc. The end result is that the site's application pool owner might not have the needed rights to open a file or files. Permission issues give the strangest errors and the more peculiar the behavior the more I am inclined to think file permissions are at the heart of the issue.

cheers,
    doug.

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 12:04
    Jonas Eriksson

Thanks NightWolf, solved my prob aswell.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft