Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Unser 19 posts 39 karma points
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 17:00
    Mike Unser

Every keystroke registers as save

We upgraded from 4.5 to 4.7.1 last night and it went fairly smoothly. This morning when trying to make some page updates I noticed every keystroke I make in a text area just acts as a save command on the page. Any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks!
    Mike

• Mike Unser 19 posts 39 karma points
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 19:16
    Mike Unser

I've found I'm getting two errors in the backend of the site. One on the content pages and one when trying to view any of our templates. Please let me know if you can help.

Error on the content pages:

Line: 30

Char: 9384

Code: 0

Error when trying to view any of the templates:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.settings.editTemplate.LoadScriptingTemplates() +471
       umbraco.cms.presentation.settings.editTemplate.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +951
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +18
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1            

• Hanne Sofie Jensen 4 posts 51 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 13:32
    Hanne Sofie Jensen

Hi Mike,

I'm having the same problem now after an upgrade to 4.7.1. Did you find a solution for this? 

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 14:46
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Clearing your ClientDependency cache should fix the issue, see this thread

HTH,
    Tom

• Hanne Sofie Jensen 4 posts 51 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 15:56
    Hanne Sofie Jensen

Thank you so much for the suggestion, Tom. Tried it, but that didn't do the trick.

However, I found out that the old datatype, Yet Another Media Picker, was the culprit. As soon as I came around to replacing that with plain old Mediapicker, the problem was solved. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft