Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 248 karma points
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 19:56
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Upgrade from 4.7 to 4.71 Problem

We made a backup copy of our site on a test server and successfully upgraded it from 4.6.1 to 4.7.

However, when we subsequently upgraded it from 4.7 to 4.7.1 we developed this weird problem.  Anytime we type into to either a textstring or textbox multiple field - it doesn't let us type anything, instead it triggers a "Save" -- this occurs on pages, media and even doctypes.

Obviously this doesn't happen in a clean install of Umbraco. 

I've removed files User Controls, Scripts, and App_Code to see if I could identity what was causing it.  I also took a clean install of Umbraco and installed all the same packages that we have installed on our site to see if one of them was causing the problem.

Any other suggestions for trouble-shooting?

Nov 01, 2011 @ 20:39
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Any suggestions?

I posted under an existing thread under Core --> General, which reported the same problem, but since it was already marked as Solved and the fix didn't solve my issue - folks may not pay attention to it.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 01, 2011 @ 20:43
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jennifer,

I saw this the other day and tried to reproduce it but unfortunately could not.  There is another thread reporting the same problem, not sure if he ever got it resolved.  You might try bumping that thread also.  It loosk to be a javascript error per his post.

I do know that in 4.7.1 they added the ability to CTRL+S on every page, I imagine it's something to do with that.

The best I can suggest is to make sure you copied ALL of the files, and maybe try clearing your ClientDependency (- delete files in app_data/temp/clientdependency, - increment version # in /config/clientdependency.config, -touch web.config).

-Tom

Nov 01, 2011 @ 20:51
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Awesome!  I tried deleting everything in the app_data/temp/clientdependency/ folder earlier today, but I wasn't aware that I should also edit the /config/clientdependency.config file -- that fixed it!

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 01, 2011 @ 20:52
    Tom Fulton

Wow!  Shot in the dark but glad it worked :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft