Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Marden 235 posts 338 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 19:24
    Paul Marden

Problem following upgrade for 4.7.1.1

Last night I upgraded an instance from 4.7.1 to 4.7.1.1 and the instance isn't working properly...

One of the usercontrol macros that worked previously is throwing an error when it's run.  The error is....

Error creating usercontrol (usercontrols/sendEmail.ascx)
    c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e77495dd\fc42b6c9\App_Web_sendemail.ascx.6bb32623.a2t2mcr2.0.cs(309): error CS0433: The type 'AjaxControlToolkit.TextBoxWatermarkExtender' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e77495dd\fc42b6c9\assembly\dl3\09cfc292\32687a5b_d094cc01\AjaxControlToolkit.DLL' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e77495dd\fc42b6c9\assembly\dl3\b10356d5\13b4c8f7_a5e5cc01\Umbraco.Forms.References.DLL'
      at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
      at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
      at umbraco.macro.loadUserControl(String fileName, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

Coincidently I also installed contour yesterday, so I guess that may have had something to do with it.  Not sure where to start with this one.

Any help is appreciated.

P

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 19:47
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Looks like it's because Contour has AjaxControlToolkit.dll merged into it's Umbraco.Forms.References.DLL, so your usercontrol doesn't know where to grab it from.  I had this issue once and fixed it by adjusting my usercontrol to reference AjaxControlToolkit from Contour's DLL instead and removes the AjaxControlToolkit DLL (see this post).  That's not really an ideal solution though...there might be a way around it using some web.config magic?

HTH,
    Tom

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 19:49
    Paul Kaplan

Just for the fun of it, did you try clearing those temp directories?

• Jules 274 posts 585 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 19:51
    Jules

Its definitely a conflict with Contour and the ContactUs user control - found other evidence of same issue on the forum - they both use AjaxControlToolkit.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/21986-AjaxControlToolkit-Problem

Will think on it this evening.

J

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 19:53
    Stefan Kip

You could also use assembly version redirecting: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7wd6ex19.aspx

Feb 08, 2012 @ 19:53
    Jules

Tom's solution suggestion should work fine

J

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 19:55
    Stefan Kip

It should work fine... So I can't suggest other options for fixing the issue?

Feb 09, 2012 @ 13:43
    Jules

Sorted!  Change the reference in the ascx file to use the umbraco.forms.references assembly instead of AjaxControlToolkit and don't forget to remove all AjaxControlToolkit files and project reference as well.

If the ACT is installed with Contour, think I would prefer if it was back in the core so we could avoid this sort of hassle.  Its only a couple of meg !!!

:-)

Jules

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft