Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AlagarRaja 17 posts 37 karma points
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 05:12
    AlagarRaja

Not able to deploy umbraco CMS into production server(remote machine).

Hi,

Fully tired deploying umbraco CMS into production server(remote machine).

1. I am using umbraco4. I  have installed locally and its woking fine. am able to browse from IIS7 by selecting manage application ->Browse.

2.I have installed and deployed entire umbraco into production server did the same as mentioned in step1.Here am trying to browse by selecting application ->Browse.But i could't able to view the result page.

3.And Also i have trying to access   productionserverIP/umbracocms/umbraco/default.asp. But am getting Http:500 Page Not Found Error

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
    Module CustomErrorModule
    Notification SendResponse
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070003
    Config Error Cannot read configuration file
    Config File \\?\E:\wwwroot\umbraco\umbraco\web.config
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/umbraco/umbraco
    Physical Path E:\wwwroot\umbraco\umbraco
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
  • Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 11:04
    Ismail Mayat

Is there a reason why you have installed in a virtual directory. Can you move the site into own website not virtual directory.  Also dont know if its a typo but on your url you have default.asp should be default.aspx although getting to the backend it should be login.aspx.

Regards

Ismail

Feb 20, 2012 @ 07:33
    AlagarRaja

Hi,

I am using umbraco 4.7.1.1 binaries . I created new wesite on remoteserver(production server)IIS.

but still am facing this problem

IIS Web Core
    Notification    BeginRequest
    Handler    Not yet determined
    Error Code    0x80070032
    Config Error    The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration
    Config File    \\?\E:\wwwroot\build\web.config

Please give me suggestion how to overcome this issue.

Regards,

Raja

• awm 187 posts 376 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:18
    awm

I think this might be a .NET version problem. What version is the site set to in IIS? I think it needs to be set to 4.0 as the system.web.extensions module isn't supported in earlier versions?

Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:51
    AlagarRaja

Thanks for replying.

While i create new website that time i was changed application pool into ASP.NETV4.0.

Note:This has working properly my local system. My Local system has full admin rights so that IIS can read the web.config file         

Its seem to be a IIS(read/write) rights problem.   

But my remote server(production server) am not owner. So how can i give rights into remote IIS.

If i change somthing means it will be affect existing sites(remote IIS). So that am confused

Give me proper solution for this issue.

Regards

Raja

Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:52
    AlagarRaja

am using IIS 7 version

• awm 187 posts 376 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:53
    awm

Have you added full read/write permissions to [NETWORK SERVICE]?

Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:56
    AlagarRaja

I don't know the remote server has full read/writes. how can i add this? if u dont mind can i have ur skype id

• William Charlton 171 posts 218 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 13:50
    William Charlton

Raja,

What access do you have to the production server? Is it on shared or dedicated hosting?

Do you have remote desktop access to the server?

If you have access, or your ISP will oblige, one easy way to set the permissions is by running a small batch file.
    Have a look at http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

The permissions described are not ideal for a production server and somewhere on this forum there is a post which describes the permissions you don't need after installation. If I find the post I'll let you know.

Feb 20, 2012 @ 14:07
    AlagarRaja

Hi William,

As per your previous suggestion i have taken the following steps.

1. I have given the [NETWORK SERVICE] into that particular build folder which is located at WWW root folder.

2.To Remove the unwated code in config file. like 'system.web.extensions'

Now the site is opening properly.

But now am facing SQL Connectivity problem.

What access do you have to the production server? Is it on shared or dedicated hosting?

yes.its an shared and dedicated hosting server

Do you have remote desktop access to the server?

yes william. am using remote desktop.

Regards,

Raja

Feb 20, 2012 @ 15:35
    William Charlton

Raja,

We at least you have some parts working now. What is the connectivity problem? What error are you getting?

Feb 21, 2012 @ 08:12
    AlagarRaja

Hi william,

Let me explian for taking steps to installing umbraco into production server

1. I have downloaded umbraco.4.7.1.1 binaries.

2.right clicked the downloaded file(umbraco binary file) and select the unlock.(What ever they mention for installing precodure i was followed)

3.put the build folder into www root folder(1,2,3 all the points are heppening in remote server thru remote desktop)

my remote server IIS configuration is version II7 and the system confiuaration is windows server 2008 service pack 1

4.I have created new web site under site---> add new website in IIS(while creating new web site, It will ask site name, application pool,physical path,IP address)

site name            = umbracoTest

application pool  = ASP.NET V4.0

IP address         = production server IP no

above mentioned details i was provided,

5.Now the umbracoTest site is ready. so i went to umbracoTest  and right click to select the --> manage website-->Browse. Then umbracoTest site has opened with error.

The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration 

<!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
    <system.web.extensions>
    <scripting>

What i understood na "cannot be read " .  so  that i thought IIS has not the read/Write permission

6.I check with google for read and write accessbillty in IIS. they provided, Need to provide the permission into IIIS

7.i gave the NETWORK SERVICES permission into  build folder under www root folder.

8.agian i  was faced the same problem . Again I check with google for this error 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2498187/system-web-extensions-trouble-deploying-net-framework-4-website-on-iis7

After reading the above site forum. I was removed these lines

<!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
      <system.web.extensions>
        <scripting>
          <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />
        </scripting>
      </system.web.extensions>

9.Now the umbraco site has open my remote server. It has asked the SQL server credentials  deatils

I have proved proved those details(before that i was created one umbraco database with all rights and i given database credentials )

10.By mistake mannualy i was given sql server credentials  into umbraco site(it was throw an error sql server configuration is failed.)

11.After that i was added      <add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=localhost;database=Umbraco;user id=Raja;password=Raja" />

into web.config file.

12.After adding the above line the umbraco site wss proceeded forwardly.Then It has asked username and password. I was provided those thing.then the umbraco site has asked the starter Kit. I was select Empty start Kit(last one.).

13.it was provided to make a new website option. "setup New Website" Link. after selecting this link

I have explained full umbarco installtion story.

Please explain me with screenshots, how to solve this issue.

regards,

Raja

Feb 21, 2012 @ 08:43
    AlagarRaja

Hi wiiliam,

I was faced below mentioned screenshot error

so that i serach with umbraco forum regarding this issue.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/20482-installing-umbraco-site-to-iis-7

It provide the to removed that unwanted code. So removed that.

after that umbraco site will open.

I forgot to gave umbraco sqlsrever login dtails into web.config file

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=remoteserver;database=UmbracoBinary;user id=Alagar;password=Alagar" />

after giving this info umbraco site has asked umbraco site admin username and password. I was provided those details.

then the site has asked the create a new setup wesite link.

i was seleceted the setup your new website. after seleceting this option am facing this problem

can you please explain how to resolve this issue.

regards,

Raja

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 09:40
    Ismail Mayat

Raja,

What account is the app pool running under? Is it network service? if not then change it to network service please.

Regards

Ismail

Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:42
    AlagarRaja

Ismail,

Yes its an Network services.

I have added new application, the name is  umbracopool(.NET V4.0).

I have assiged umbracopool into umbraco site.

But still am facing the same problem.

Regards,

Raja.R

Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:44
    AlagarRaja

Ismail,

Yes its an Network services.

I have added new application pool, the name is umbracopool(.NET V4.0).

I have assiged umbracopool into umbraco site.

But still am facing the same problem.

Regards,

Raja.R

Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:56
    AlagarRaja

hi ,

Its working fine.Thanks to all

Raja.R

Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:57
    William Charlton

Raja,

I notice you have the "build" folder inside the "wwwroot" folder. Which folder is set to be the web root in IIS?

Normally the contents of the build folder are placed inside the wwwroot and the wwwroot is then the web root.

Could it be that you have the wwwroot set as the web root and then have the build folder with all the umbraco files inside that? Bit of a long shot.

Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:58
    William Charlton

Raja,

So, is it fixed now? Did you find what the problem was?

Feb 21, 2012 @ 11:18
    AlagarRaja

William,

Yes Its working fine.Thanks a lot such a nice support.

In IIS--> Site --->umbracoTest : This one am not having network Service facility

Just i tried under default site---> i have Added application instead of virtual directory. I have given physiacl path,the build folder which is located at www root folder.

Its an miracle its working fine.

We need to remove below code into web.config file

<!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
    <system.web.extensions>
    <scripting>
    <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />
    </scripting>
    </system.web.extensions>

we need add this connection string into web.config file instead of exsisting default connection string

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=localhost;database=Umbraco;user id=Raja;password=Raja" />

Thanks William.

Regards,

Alagar Raja

Feb 21, 2012 @ 11:47
    William Charlton

Raja,

That is good news. So the problems were:

1. Virtual directory not Application.
    2. Needed to remove the <system.web.extensions/> from the web.config
    3. Connection string not set correctly.

Would a check list have helped here?

The reason I ask is that I am building a help document and it is interesting to see what problems people get and how they are resolved. I will also be looking for people to translate into other languages.

Feb 21, 2012 @ 11:58
    AlagarRaja

Yes William,

Its helped lot.

Instead of virtual directoy we need to create a application under default wesite.

Regards,

Alagar Raja.R

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft