Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 24, 2012 @ 11:18
    Tom

Windows 2008R2 - Installation issue (500 - Internal server error)

Morning All,

As an urgent requirement for CMS I am trying to do a POC with Umbraco.  I have completed the manual install following the published steps.....

Windows Server 2008R2 SP1 with IIS and .NETv4.0.30319 and Umbraco v4.7.2.497

WebSite created, application pool running as a domain user using .net v4 . I have copied the binaries into the working directory and have set the NTFS permissions using the powershell script here:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

Now - on initial connection to the Umbraco site the page fails to display and I only get this error:

Server Error

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Is anyone able to assist please?

• Bruce Williams 11 posts 32 karma points
    May 24, 2012 @ 11:47
    Bruce Williams

Tom,

I had the same problem with a few servers.  Test by dropping in a working website basic html to where you placed your umbraco.  If your installation of this test site works then everything is ok (permissions etc ) otherwise look at the settings again such as enable directories.

Bruce

May 24, 2012 @ 11:49
    Tom

Thanks Bruce.  I've seen this 'enable directories' mentioned.  However, I can't figure out what it means!  What exactly do I need to do?

Regards

Tom

May 24, 2012 @ 12:08
    Bruce Williams

Tom,

I am away from my server at the moment but from memory go to iis manager go to your web site you should see the asp, iis listing of services the place to look for is directory right click you see the enable pop up on RHS.  I tried and tried to locate this enable section and it only appears with a right click on the directory?

My suggestion is that it is the umbraco is not doing a proper installation - test with working web site. See also

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/30599-New-installation-problems

Bruce

May 24, 2012 @ 12:29
    Tom

Bruce,

No problem. Is 'Enable Directories' the same as 'Directory Browsing'?

Many thanks for your help.

Tom

May 24, 2012 @ 13:35
    Bruce Williams

Tom,

Sorry at home (night time in Australia) away from servers. From memory the directory ???? is the only one mentioned, right click gets you a feature on top right hand side click to get enable option.  How did you go?

Bruce

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft