Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Soeren Sprogoe 575 posts 259 karma points
    May 31, 2012 @ 17:06
    Soeren Sprogoe

Hosting in Norway

I have a customer that needs a pretty standard Umbraco site hosted in Norway (a .com domain).

Can anyone come up with any recommendations?

I know there's an old thread on the subject, but since it is more that a year old I though I would ask for any updates.

We have tried bying a standard hotel from Active24.no, but their support is soooooo slow that I've more or less given up on them. We ordered the hotel 10 days ago, and after 5 support requests that on average takes more than 24 hours to get an answer to, I've run out of patience.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

/SoerenS

• Soeren Sprogoe 575 posts 259 karma points
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 11:18
    Soeren Sprogoe

Just an update for future reference:

Looks like I've finally managed to get Umbraco up and running at Active24.no. But I can in no way recommend them for hosting!

Took me 4 support requests to get a simple Umbraco installation up and running. The last support request was for them to change the file permissions on the hotel, which took them 6 days to do. Plus the backend/SQL hosting is horribly horribly slow. Plus I've asked them 3 times now what the address of their SMTP server is, without getting an answer back.

I may manage with Active24 for this solution, but I'm still looking for a good Norwegian Umbraco host for future projects. Or maybe even for this project if I give up on them.

/SoerenS

• Jørgen Bakke Eriksen 44 posts 95 karma points
    Jan 23, 2013 @ 00:01
    Jørgen Bakke Eriksen

Soeren, I'm not sure if one is allowed to advertise for their own companies here. I'll take a chance: we can probably help you .

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft