Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• philw 99 posts 434 karma points
    Apr 16, 2013 @ 14:44
    philw

Content shown to public, but not visible in Control Panel!

I installed with SQL Server CE as it seemed the easiest way to get going, but I needed to migrate to SQL Server 2012 proper.  I tried to do that, and the result was that I had to restore from backup.

I now have a site which has a few days' work in it, which is visible on the server (the 20-odd web pages do work), but it's not at all visible in the control panel. So the "content" tree is empty, and even refreshing it (reload nodes) doesn't work.

I ran the "go live" checks, and they whined about lots of permissions, which I "fixed" one by one.

So my content is definitely there somewhere, because it's getting rendered, but the control panel seems to have lost track of it. I tried "bouncing" the server (it's a cloud host, medium trust, so that's a little more complicated than a box reboot), but that made no difference.

Any ideas on how to get this back to where it was?

This doesn't help, doesn't fix it.

This (about clearing caches), clears the cache and removes the public content. I guess I lost my content then :-( But I restored from a complete backup - all the media etc are still there. Any ideas?

If I try to "create content" into this now empty content tree, I get the following. Looks like my restore isn't complete... but it's the only one I have. Maybe I'm screwed.

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.

• philw 99 posts 434 karma points
    Apr 16, 2013 @ 15:06
    philw

That particular problem I solved. The issue was that in web.config/system.data./DbProviderFactories I had the SQL Server CE line commented out for some reason.

So now I have my content back, as I'd expect. My backup works. So now I need to try to migrate away from this damned CE thing again.

Any recent advice on that - I can see the older stuff around here and the web... 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft