Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Schmidt 76 posts 207 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 15:01
    Anders Schmidt

Umbraco upgrade 4 to 6

I have upgradet a umbraco 4 to 6. Everything works fine except.

(mssql database)

- my contet tree and document types are missing.

- media images missing.

Almost everything :-)

THANKS in advance

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 15:45
    Mark Bennett

Anders,

How did you upgrade? and what was the process?

Mark.

May 23, 2013 @ 15:50
    Anders Schmidt

Hi

I used :

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/upgrading-an-umbraco-installation

• Copy your current files and database to a new website, never upgrade a live site, you never know if something breaks, so do a full copy and upgrade that
    • Get the latest version
    • Check for package compatibility
    • Examine your configuration files, the web.config, the files in /config and some other core umbraco files, look for any changes, preferably with a diff tool like http://winmerge.org/)
    • Copy over all binaries and umbraco system files
    • Transfer your config changes to the config files in the upgrade
    • Open the root of your website, the installer should now launch automatically and perform the database upgrade.

THANKS!

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 16:42
    May 23, 2013 @ 22:38
    Anders Schmidt

Hi Mark

Thanks. Yes It make sens to take one step an check. But at the last step det upgrade of database went ok.

/Anders

• Hua 9 posts 39 karma points
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 05:02
    Hua

I have the same issue. When I upgraded my site from umbraco 4.11.8 to 6.1.1 all document types were missing.

So try to upgrade it again to 6.0.0, still same. Installed the fixpath package then run it, got the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +291
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +259
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +288
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +288
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.<PerformGet>b__0(DocumentTypeDto template) +14
       System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +104
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +381
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +780
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.CreateContentFromDto(DocumentDto dto, Guid versionId) +38
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +589
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.<PerformGetByQuery>d__1f.MoveNext() +346
       System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +85
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +216
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +77
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.GetRootDocuments() +123
       UmbracoPathFix.ContentPathFix.Fix() in c:\Users\shannon\Documents\~Jobs\UmbracoPathFix\UmbracoPathFix\ContentPathFix.cs:50
       UmbracoPathFix.ContentPathFix.Execute() in c:\Users\shannon\Documents\~Jobs\UmbracoPathFix\UmbracoPathFix\ContentPathFix.cs:39
       UmbracoPathFix.PathFixController.FixPaths() in c:\Users\shannon\Documents\~Jobs\UmbracoPathFix\UmbracoPathFix\PathFixController.cs:32
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62
       System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +211
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__41() +28
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +57
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +48
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() +57
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() +223
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +48
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() +24
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +102
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +43
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +14
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +23
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +57
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +23
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +47
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +25
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +47
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9629708
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Anyone got any ideas to fix this? thank you

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jun 23, 2013 @ 10:56
    Jonas Eriksson

This happened to me aswell, reverting back for now while I try to find more info about exactly what happens / should happen in the upgrade from 4 to 6. In my case I have a rather old site, even with legacy xml schema. Is that even supported?

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 23:31
    jonok

I've got this same problem, I've upgraded from 4.11.10 to 6.0.0 and my document types have disappeared with the following error when I try to expand the document types folder:

Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +385
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +229
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.&lt;PerformGet&gt;b__0(DocumentTypeDto template) +26
       System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +244
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +535
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +79
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +948
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.&lt;PerformGetByQuery&gt;d__f.MoveNext() +593
       umbraco.loadNodeTypes.Render(XmlTree&amp; tree) +775
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +135
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +85
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +912
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously) +164

and my content nodes are empty and returning this error when I try to reload the nodes:

Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +385
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.&lt;PerformGet&gt;b__0(DocumentTypeDto template) +26
       System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +244
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +535
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +79
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +948
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.CreateContentFromDto(DocumentDto dto, Guid versionId) +83
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +735
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.&lt;PerformGetByQuery&gt;d__1f.MoveNext() +589
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +519
       System.Linq.&lt;GetEnumerator&gt;d__0.MoveNext() +251
       System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +164
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +519
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +102
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseContentTree.Render(XmlTree&amp; Tree) +36
       umbraco.loadContent.Render(XmlTree&amp; tree) +24
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +135
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +85
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +912
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously) +164

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Sep 12, 2013 @ 08:01
    jonok

In case this helps anybody else, I managed to fix this problem by looking in the database table cmsTemplate - there was a few templates with '0' in the 'master' column. I changed the 0 to null (ctrl 0) and it fixed my problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft