Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Miguel Henriques 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 04, 2009 @ 23:57
    Miguel Henriques

Error after trying to enable multiple website in the same umbraco installation

Hi,

I'm doing my first sites with umbraco and everything was fine, until I tried to have multiples websites in the same umbraco installation. I have changed useDomainPrefixes to true in the umbracoSetting.config file and after that I tried to go to the backoffice to continue the configuration but umbraco was no longer availale. I have changed the parameter back but the error persists.

In the event viewer, I get the following warning:

System - A process serving application pool 'Umbraco' suffered a fatal communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process id was '5372'. The data field contains the error number. 

and

Application - Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.3959, stamp 45d6968e, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4480, stamp 49c51f0a, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000bef7.

The error in the browser is just this: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I have no idea how to solve this. It was working before changing the property and everything is now as it was before.

Please help!

Miguel

• Alec Griffiths 129 posts 151 karma points
    Oct 05, 2009 @ 00:02
    Alec Griffiths

Read this post

• Miguel Henriques 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 05, 2009 @ 00:20
    Miguel Henriques

Hi,

Still not working. I added the the key in web.config but it remains the same. I can't reach the backoffice to continue the configuration.

Miguel

• Alec Griffiths 129 posts 151 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 21:41
    Alec Griffiths

Hi sorry for not getting back so far

I dont understand your issue and withough more information I think it will take a long time to work this out. If you change the settings back does this work again?

C

Version of umb, iis, db etc? Did you try restarting the application pool?

Hosted solultion or on your own machine?

perhaps with these details provided somone else may be able to help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft