Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Deighton 23 posts 53 karma points
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 21:11
    Simon Deighton

Upgrading to latest V4 version wiped the database

So I've been upgrading the latest version of V4 today, and after copying all the new files across etc, merging in my config changes etc

Now that part seems to have gone fine, I then open up the site and go through the installer again

After all the next, next, next it asks for Database details, I give it my connection string and it after it completes I check in Umbraco and all my content has gone, everything! (Luckily I have a backup of the whole site so can start again from the very begining)

Have I messed up a step, Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

Oct 17, 2013 @ 09:36
    Simon Deighton

Ok had someone check the database and they are saying its not empty, the question is there why is Umbraco empty.

Anyone?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 17, 2013 @ 09:53
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Simon,

For me it could sounds like some issue with the file permissions. Check permission settings on your umbraco folder, as this is mostly the cause of this. And maybe you could check that Network Service permissions on the WINDOWS\TEMP directory.

You can check if your file permissions are good by using this URL.

http://yourdomain.com/install/?installStep=filepermissions

Is that all sections that are empty or only content section? If you can go to the developer section and then access the tab uGoLive checklist, Try run this if you can, then you can check if permissions are good.

Simon I hope this can help you in some way.

/Dennis

Oct 17, 2013 @ 09:56
    Simon Deighton

I think the permissions are ok, its like after the upgrade I have a completley fresh Umbraco there's literally nothing in it!

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 17, 2013 @ 10:08
    Dennis Aaen

Okay Simon,

Maybe this post can help you get your problem solved.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/11072-451-Upgrade-Tree-Problems

/Dennis

Oct 17, 2013 @ 10:33
    Simon Deighton

Hi there

Ive checked the permissions and they all seem fine, I've given everything full control just to test

Other things to note -

• I can see all the content in the app_data/umbraco.config
    • One thing to mention we do have some custom keys in appsettings, which when visiting the site I see an error

The key NAME.NodeSettings.NodetypeId.Login in appSettings is missing!

as its looking for a node ID but im guessing its erroring because there is no page in umbraco and hence no ID ?

• David 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:13
    David

Just to add to this as I work with Simon - we modified heavily an older version of Umbraco and in the appsettings folder there is a long list of custom keys. The error presented on the YSOD is as above it claims that certain keys are missing but when we checked the files they are present. We are scratching our heads as to whether the customisation is the issue or if the database is corrupt.

I guess we need help with a few things 

1) Is there a way of showing the connection to the SQL server we use has been established ok ?

2) The YSOD we see claims a key is missing in appsettings but they all seem present and the only difference between the pre and post upgrade app settings file is the DB connection string.

3) We noted that there is a handy log and see the following types of errors within when starting the application.

2013-10-17 11:10:16,257 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication - [Thread 14] Application shutdown. Reason: HostingEnvironment

2013-10-17 11:10:30,882 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager - [Thread 1] Umbraco application starting

2013-10-17 11:10:30,929 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Determining hash of code files on disk

2013-10-17 11:10:30,929 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Hash determined (took 7ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,163 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.IPropertyEditorValueConverter, found 0 (took 229ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,226 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.Mvc.SurfaceController, found 0 (took 51ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,241 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Core.Media.IThumbnailProvider, found 3 (took 6ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,241 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Core.Media.IImageUrlProvider, found 1 (took 4ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,273 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.IApplicationStartupHandler, found 10 (took 18ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,335 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager - [Thread 1] Umbraco application startup complete (took 442ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,351 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.IApplication, found 7 (took 13ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:31,491 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.ITree, found 27 (took 49ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:32,476 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 8] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.XsltExtensionAttribute, found 0 (took 24ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:32,491 [6] WARN  umbraco.macro -Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format.[Thread 8] Error parsing XSLT file. Exception: System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransformException: Cannot find a script or an extension object associated with namespace 'urn:xsltHelper'.

at System.Xml.Xsl.Runtime.XmlQueryContext.InvokeXsltLateBoundFunction(String name, String namespaceUri, IList`1[] args)

at eventNodeTypeId(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)

at Execute(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)

at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer)

at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, TextWriter results)

at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)

at umbraco.macro.LoadMacroXslt(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements, Boolean throwError){}

2013-10-17 11:10:32,538 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 8] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.IMacroEngine, found 2 (took 5ms)

2013-10-17 11:10:32,663 [6] WARN  umbraco.macro -Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format.[Thread 8] Error parsing XSLT file. Exception: System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransformException: Cannot find a script or an extension object associated with namespace 'urn:xsltHelper'.

at System.Xml.Xsl.Runtime.XmlQueryContext.InvokeXsltLateBoundFunction(String name, String namespaceUri, IList`1[] args)

at footerNodeTypeId(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)

at Execute(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)

at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer)

at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, TextWriter results)

at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)

at umbraco.macro.LoadMacroXslt(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements, Boolean throwError){}

2013-10-17 11:10:32,695 [6] ERROR Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication - [Thread 8] An unhandled exception occurred

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Login' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: The key XXXX.NodeSettings.NodetypeId.Login in appSettings is missing!

at XXXXXX.Helpers.AppSettings.GetIntValue(String key, Boolean isRequired)

at XXXXXX.Helpers.NodeTree.Home.Login..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft