Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexandru 112 posts 272 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 13:04
    Alexandru

Website deploy

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes:

I would like to publish my umbraco website. The problem is, I have been reading alot of posts and articles about how to do this and I can't seem to get it right.

I would like to know, which files actually need to be uploaded and then, which files need to be opened to run my site?

I have my db connection string properly set and it connects from my local computer to the db server - now its time to move the website online.

I have Filezilla and Webmatrix and I tried with both of them - no success.

Any help would be apreciated. Also. I would like to know if it is possible to make an Umbraco installation online instead of locally on my computer - and if it is, how?

Thank you in advance!

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 07:06
    John Palmer

Is there any error message that you see? Please kindly post here.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 08:27
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Alexandru,

See here and see if can helps you.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/45959-Publish-Website

Yup it would be able to make an Umbraco installation online and work on it from there instead of a locally installation on your computer.

The way you could do it, is by:

1. Setup a database and a login to the database on your webhosting

2. Download the Umbraco files, and upload them via FTP to your domain. After that just follow the install wizzard. Then I think you should be good.

3. There may be some problems with file permissions check out these are good, but maybe you have tried it when you set up Umbraco installation locally.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft