Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I just setup and deployed a fresh Umbraco install using SQL CS and hosted on a shared enviroment. I ran through the setup on a local box then deployed. All worked locally then when trying to login on the remote server I get a error of some sort...
However it still seems to partially log me in. If I go back to the /umbraco url I am logged in, but the UI is screwed up.
Here is the response to my login request...
AllowedSections: [content, developer, media, member, settings, users]
Name: "Kyle P Johnson"
To add a bit to this, the JS error in the Umbraco admin area is
The user object is invalid, the remainingAuthSeconds is required
Nevermind on this issue. Please delete. The developer (me) is retarded.
Looks like I'm retarded too. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue you describe - what was the answer?
I wish I could remember. Guess i should have posted the reasoning for future help for folks. Crap, I really can't recall anymore. :-(
I can remember what it ended up being I will repost here, but I have no recolection of what the magic bullet was.
Is anyone else able to help with this issue, as it has me stumped.
I've got a number of Umbraco sites successfully deployed at my shared hosting provider, ranging from version 4.5.2 to 6.1.4, but when I deploy a 7.0.2 umbraco site there, I can't login to the back office.
I initially encountered the problem with a site I'd developed on my local machine, then deployed to my hosting provider. I've since tried uploading a fresh copy of umbraco 7.0.2 to the server, successfully run through the installation there, but when I try to login for the first time I get the same error:
This appears to be a client-side problem, so I've tried a number of different browsers to no avail. I wondered if it could be time zone-related as my hosting company is in another country, but when I try changing my local timezone to match the server, it hasn't helped.
The umbraco logs show no problems either. These are the entries when I attempt to login:
2014-01-28 14:26:45,350  INFO umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 26] Redirected log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log) | Type: Login | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: User XXXXXX has logged in2014-01-28 14:26:45,365  INFO Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity - [Thread 16] User Id: 0 logged in
Which, to me, looks like the server has successfully handled my login request.
I'm not sure where to go from here. Can anyone suggest further troubleshooting steps I can try?
Someone a solution?
I get this error on a clean new install on the server, localhost no problems.
I reposted my question to the Umbraco 7 forum, but had no luck there either.
I was unable to solve this problem with my current hosting provider. Seems to be some specific server configuration, as when I stood up my own instance of Windows Server 2008 R2, I couldn't reproduce the issue, and when I signed up with a different hosting provider, I was able to get my site working there with no problems at all.
My solution for now, which I'm not very happy about, is that my Umbraco 7 sites are hosted at the new hosting provider.
Please post back here if you have any more luck than me!
I went back to Umbraco 6.1.6, No problems.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted