Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jörgen Björkman 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 17, 2014 @ 18:00
    Jörgen Björkman

Error after copying files to webhost.

My webhost only supports .NET 4.0 so I downloaded Umbraco 6.2.2 and uploaded it to one of my domains.

Unzipped the archive and uploaded the files to one of my domains. When I browse to it I get the following

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error:

Line 164:      <providers>
    Line 165:        <clear />
    Line 166:        <add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersRoleProvider" />
    Line 167:      </providers>
    Line 168:    </roleManager>

Any tips on how to fix this?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 17, 2014 @ 22:58
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jörgen and welcome to our.

I have tried to see if you could found something about the error that you get, So I could help you.

What I have seen some people are saying about this error, it could be that your file permissions are not set correctly on each of the files in your Umbraco installation.

Try to see this overview, http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions of what permissions each file, and folder needs to work correctly, and make sure that yours has the same permissions.

Maybe this can help you solve the issue. http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/4633-in-installation-UmbracoRoleProvider-Error

And from the system requirements Umbraco 6.x.x needs this. And I think it´s best whn it run on full trust.

Umbraco 6.x.x

• IIS6+ (IIS 7 Preferred)
    • SQL CE, SQL Server 2008 (Express and higher) or MySQL
    • ASP.NET 4 Medium-Trust/Full-Trust (Should work in Medium-Trust environments, but Full-Trust is still preferred)
    • Ability to set file permissions to include create/read/write (or better) for the user that "owns" the Application Pool for your site (NETWORK SERVICE, typically)

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Sep 22, 2014 @ 10:00
    James

Hello Jorgen,

Like Dennis said, you may need to set the correct read/ write permissions on your websites directory (on the webhost).

From my experience it also helps if you enable the "dedicated application pool" feature.

Kind regards,

James.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft