Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 07:30
    Fuji Kusaka

Upgrading from V4.7.0 to V6.2.4

Hi guys,

I have an old version of umbraco v 4.7.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4868.25116) which i need to upgrade and planning on upgrading to V6.2.4.

Is there something i need to do before upgrading from v4.7.0 to v.6.24 or i can just do i by overwritting the /bin, /Umbraco and /umbraco_client ?

Is there any file which needs to be deleted first ? I already uninstall some old packages except Contour.

//fuji

Oct 15, 2014 @ 08:07
    Fuji Kusaka

Was expecting something like that to happen.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +25
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +91
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +164

Any suggestion ??

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 08:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Fuji

Don´t know if it´s to late for you but I would follow Lee Kelleher´s upgrade path that he has posted here:http://code.leekelleher.com/umbraco/archive/

I have seen people that has been able to get directly from 4.7.2 to version 4.11.8. And after that you should able to get from the 4.11.8 to version 6.0.0, install the path fixup patch, and then you should be able to go to Umbraco 6.2.4.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/41089-Upgrade-472-to-605

Also see the documentation for upgrading in general http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general, and the version specific upgrade.http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/version-specific

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Oct 15, 2014 @ 08:55
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Dennis,

As you would imagine i did crashed everything !! :) So i need to upgrade from 4.70 - 4.10 then 4.10 - 4.11 and finally 4.11 - 6.2.4 ? or v4.7 - 4.11.8 and4.11.8 to v6.2.4?

Damn what a long process :(

//fuji

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 09:25
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Fuji,

I think that you should be able to do

v4.7.0 --> v4.7.2 --> 4.11.8 --> 6.0.0 --> 6.2.4

If you see this http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/41089-Upgrade-472-to-605 Mark Bennett had been able to do it this way.

And if you follow Lee Kelleher´s upgrade path you should be able to go fra 6.0.0 to 6.2.4

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Oct 15, 2014 @ 15:25
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Dennis,

Things got a bite nasty up to 6.0.o. Did applied the FixPath Packages as well but nothing is showing up in my Content/Media Section.

On the front en i have this error.

Invalid object name 'cmsPropertyTypeGroup'.

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'cmsPropertyTypeGroup'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +388
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +815
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4515
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +69
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +134
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6553981
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) +6556619
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +586
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +104
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +288
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +171
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +17
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext() +1074
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +536
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +80
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeBaseRepository`2.GetPropertyGroupCollection(Int32 id) +1605
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +615
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +230
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentTypeService.GetContentType(Int32 id) +105
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.setupNode() +220
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.GetByAlias(String Alias) +192
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.GetDataType(String contentTypeAlias, String propertyTypeAlias) +239
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentExtensions.GetPropertyValue(IPublishedContent prop, String alias, Boolean recursive, T ifCannotConvert) +203
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestBuilder.FollowRedirect() +68
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestBuilder.LookupDocument() +242
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Action`1 onSuccess) +189
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165

Any suggestions ?

//fuji 

Oct 15, 2014 @ 15:30
    Fuji Kusaka

Looks like the fixPaths didnt work i can even find the report under App_Data folder

• Amalie Wowern 144 posts 273 karma points c-trib
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 15:40
    Amalie Wowern

I just updated from 4.5 -> 6.2.2

I owerrite /bin, /Umbraco, /umbraco client, /config And added the new folders and files Global.asax Views And maybe some other files

Lee kellehers guide is good, and teels you what files to change, add and delete

And changed the web.config

It worked fine

Oct 15, 2014 @ 16:00
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Amalie,

Am upgraded up to V.4.11.8 but now trying to upgrade to V6.2.4. 

Did you make any changed in sql ?

//fuji

Oct 15, 2014 @ 17:40
    Fuji Kusaka

Still not working for me.. :( 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'cmsPropertyTypeGroup'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +388
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +815
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4515
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +69
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +134
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6553981
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) +6556619
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +586
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +104
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +288
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +171
       StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +101
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +17
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReaderWithRetry>b__3() +277
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction(Func`1 func) +545
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext() +1287
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +536
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +80
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeBaseRepository`2.GetPropertyGroupCollection(Int32 id, DateTime createDate, DateTime updateDate) +1689
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +651
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +123
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.<PerformGetByQuery>d__f.MoveNext() +785
       System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +196
       System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source) +247
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentTypeService.GetContentType(String alias) +548
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.CreatePublishedContentType(PublishedItemType itemType, String alias) +135
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass9`1.<GetCacheItem>b__8() +15
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<GetCacheItem>b__19(String key) +15
       System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) +83
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.StaticCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem) +98
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(ICacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem) +180
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.Get(PublishedItemType itemType, String alias) +230
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedContent.Initialize() +2118
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.ConvertToDocument(XmlNode xmlNode, Boolean isPreviewing) +178
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.DetermineIdByRoute(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, String route, Boolean hideTopLevelNode) +272
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.GetByRoute(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, String route, Nullable`1 hideTopLevelNode) +228
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.ContentFinderByNiceUrl.FindContent(PublishedContentRequest docreq, String route) +233
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.ContentFinderByNiceUrl.TryFindContent(PublishedContentRequest docRequest) +228
       System.Linq.Enumerable.Any(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +149
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContent() +326
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContentAndTemplate() +226
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +106
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +513
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165
    Oct 16, 2014 @ 08:18
    Amalie Wowern

What do you have in the umbracoConfigurationStatus Value?

It should be empty or with the value of the current Umbraco version 4.11.8

I did'nt make any changes to the sql connection

Oct 16, 2014 @ 12:49
    Fuji Kusaka

Finally got my upgrade working but looks like the connection with media section isnt working. I dont see any slideshow working and under content section if i change the node name from "default-en" to "default" it shows default-test but the url is still "default"

Am running the Fath Fix but it has been running for 1hour now is that normal ?

//fuji

Oct 16, 2014 @ 12:53
    Amalie Wowern

How does the media section not work?

Have you tried to republish the site?

Oct 16, 2014 @ 12:56
    Fuji Kusaka

Yes done already.

Oct 17, 2014 @ 09:26
    Fuji Kusaka

Its working now :) Setting the Culture Info and Hostname solved this :) 

//fuji

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft