Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Espinosa 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 25, 2014 @ 21:25
    Andy Espinosa

Is Belle Ready For Prime Time?

I am new to Umbraco.  After careful consideration I believe that I will recommend Umbraco 7 to one of my clients. I'm especially impressed with the newly adopted Angular framework.  I'm very comfortible with the SPA frameworks but I know little about Umbraco CMS.  After reviewing much of the documentation and other external publications, it is clear that the majority of the publications are based on MVC as the framework.  I have found it difficult to coincide the pre-Umbraco 7 documentation with the new.  It almost seems like "Belle" is still in a beta state.

Is Belle ready for me to develop a site for my client?  Is it production worthy?  I've downloaded the pdf workbook from the workshop.  I've downloaded the latest bits.  I've seen last years video presentation.  Unfortunately the product (Belle) documentation is progressively changing.  Should I base my devlepment on the latest build?  If so, how do I begin a new VS2013 solutions with all the right bits.  Is there a start-up template?

Despite all these question I think this is an awesome CMS headed in the right direction.

Andy

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2014 @ 22:24
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

It might be good to read this topic: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/47166-Is-it-feasible-to-start-using-umbraco-701-for-live-site

7.1 is almost out and I'm starting with Belle once it is.

Jeroen

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2014 @ 23:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy and welcome to our :)

Version 7.1 looks really good and I believe it should be ready for production once it's released in final.

If you're thinking about using Umbraco 6.2 that's also an option but v7 is the future and any bugs that needs to be fixed will probably more likely be fixed in Umbraco 7 while in 6.2 it may not happen that frequently unless it's some major issues.

Just my 2 cents.

/Jan

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Mar 26, 2014 @ 08:58
    Rik Helsen

We are also considering Umbraco 7.1 for a production site at the moment, because of past issues with new releases (4.5 & load balancing / the whole v5 story) we are somewhat reluctant to use new (& RC) versions.

in case of 7.10 I think we've waiting long enough to start adopting it, assuming you don't need third party packages that still require upgrades for compatibility (datatypes etc). So as long as you can build it with the core features & the already updated packages you should be ok.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft