Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• 0100 5 posts 51 karma points
    Jul 22, 2014 @ 11:40

Paste from word, help needed.

Hi I need to be able to give the ability for content editors to be able to paste from word.

I noticed from searching there used to be a paste from word option in the TinyMce but this no longer seems available. 

The clear formating option does not remove tags such as H1 etc. I just need a complete clean up but also just give them simple options so B i lists and links so a textarea is alos not a option.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi 0100 and welcome to our, 

One way that you could do it is by modify the tinymce.config and add a key for paste in plain text. The config file for the tinymce is located in the config folder.

Add this into the tinymce config file.

<command>
        <umbracoAlias>mcePasteAsText</umbracoAlias>
        <icon>images/editor/paste.gif</icon>
        <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="pastetext">pastetext</tinyMceCommand>
        <priority>79</priority>
    </command>

<config key="paste_as_text">true</config>
    <config key="paste_text_sticky">true</config>
    <config key="paste_text_sticky_default">true</config>

Try to see this thead with the sam topic,

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/53602-How-to-copy-as-PLAIN-TEXT-in-a-Rich-Text-Editor

The pastetext option is the new one you just have maded.

And to make an icon for in the text editor when you have add the option on the richtext editor in the datatype folder, you need to go to /umb/Umbraco/lib/tinymce/skins/umbraco/skin.min.css, and add some css for the class .mce-ico mce-i-pastetext

Or you could try see this topic too: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/53150-How-to-add-custom-button-to-RTE

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft