Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sg 33 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 12, 2014 @ 15:55
    sg

How to copy as PLAIN-TEXT in a Rich-Text-Editor

Hi,

Sometimes the content editor needs to copy some text from a webpage but be able to paste it as plain-text (not html with links or bullets or stuff like that) in the Rich Text Editor. How do we achieve that? Please Help!!

Thanks sg

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 13, 2014 @ 21:35
    Dennis Aaen

Hi sg,

Sorry for the late answer, I just got home from this year Umbraco conference (Codegarden) in Copenhagen. But back to your case. If you have access to the developer section, there is a folder with the data types, just go there and find the data type for the richtext editor. In there you can turn options on and off, depending on what you want the user to be able to do.

I have made an screenshot to make more clear to you want I am talking about.

If you look at the screenshot you will see an option called removeformat, by enable this option the user can remove the formatting. The user just have to mark the section of text in the richtext editor that should be without formatting.

Hope this is what you are after.

/Dennis

Jun 13, 2014 @ 22:26
    sg

Hi Dennis,

This information is also helpful. However, for my need i could modify the tinymce.config and add a key so that the default paste is plain text.

Thanks for your time to answer.Hope your conference went well.

Sg

Jun 13, 2014 @ 22:27
    sg

Hi Dennis,

This information is also helpful. However, for my need i could modify the tinymce.config and add a key so that the default paste is plain text.

<command>

<umbracoAlias>mcePasteAsText</umbracoAlias>

<icon>images/editor/paste.gif</icon>

<tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="pastetext">pastetext</tinyMceCommand>

<priority>79</priority>

</command>

<config key="paste_as_text">true</config>

<config key="paste_text_sticky">true</config>

<config key="paste_text_sticky_default">true</config>

Thanks for your time to answer.Hope your conference went well.

Sg

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft