Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jul 23, 2014 @ 23:51
    James

Contour Limitations

I have just installed what I think is the trial version fo contour on my umbraco project.

Will i be able to create a form that sends an email to an email address with this version?

I am running the latest umbraco with contour 3.0.

Will I have to purchase a license for this functionality?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 00:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi James,

The only limitation in trial mode is that Contour won't save the actual values but will replaces them with "Contour is running in trail mode', for the rest its fully functional (this also applies to any workflow emails that you send out)

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/38526-Difference-between-Contour-trial-and-full-version

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 09:25
    James

So it will do what i require of it on the live server? E.g. Send an email to an email address?

Kind regards.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 10:21
    Dennis Aaen

Hi James,

If you have an form on your live site where users can contact, the data from this form will not be save in  trial mode but will replaces them with "Contour is running in trail mode',

As far as I know it also applies to any workflow emails that you send out http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/10164-What-are-the-limitations-in-trial-mode

/Dennis

• naresh 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 15:10
    naresh
    1. I created four contour forms using code first, after built i placed the dll into Umbraco bin, so four contour form appeared in contour section, upto here everything is fine.
    2. Now i added new filed to one of my form threw code first and i built my solution, now i replaced my new codefirst dll into Umbrco bin. here am facing problem.
    3. After placing new dll am not able to see my contour form fields, just it is displaying form headings.
    4. "form without fileds" this is my first problem.
    1. In second problem, after releasing a dll with four contour forms, later i created one more form using code first and built my solution.
    2. Now i replaced my dll into umbraco bin, now am able to see only fifth form, remaining four forms appeared without fileds.
    3. Again i replaced same new dll, now am seeing first four and fifth one without fields.
    I am using 6.1.6 version
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft