Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikki Strømsnes 16 posts 58 karma points
    May 22, 2015 @ 11:55
    Nikki Strømsnes

Content is slow to update

Sometimes, when the content manager (let’s call her Sally) edits some content, the change is not immediately visible. For example, they might see a node that they have already deleted. It helps to unpublish or republish nodes, but I don’t think it’s fair to ask Sally to do that every time they make a small change.

It gets even worse, when there are more than one content manager. If John logs in later, and makes a change, the node that Sally deleted earlier might be republished. This is confusing for them.

What is causing this? Is it a caching setting that can be edited? Will it help to migrate the data from SQL CE to a MSSQL?

(I originally posted this in the wrong section. I've tried to delete it, but it doesn't seem to go away ... )

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 22, 2015 @ 11:58
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi,

Can I ask what kind of hosting you are using. I have seen this behavior in a wrong configured load balanced environment.

Dave

• Nikki Strømsnes 16 posts 58 karma points
    May 22, 2015 @ 16:09
    Nikki Strømsnes

I'm not completelly sure, since I'm a hired gun on this project, but I'm almost certain the site is hosted on a shared server at Unoeuro. Meanwhile, we tried messing with umbracoSettings.config (as suggested in a different thread), and it seems this has solved some of our problems. We will wait and see.

Have a nice weekend!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft