Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Giampiero D'Agostino 5 posts 76 karma points
    Aug 02, 2019 @ 09:20
    Giampiero D'Agostino

Update to Umbraco 7.15.1 -> 8.1.1 Fails

Hello.

I tried to update a db from v 7.115.1 to 8.1.1 (through 4.11.10 and 7.7.13) but the update fails with the following error:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'versionId', table 'brandtoolboxUmb7.14.dbo.cmsPropertyData'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. The statement has been terminated. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/')

enter image description here

Does anyone know how to fix this and complete the upgrade?

Thank you

• Robert Godino 31 posts 120 karma points
    Aug 06, 2019 @ 10:11
    Robert Godino

I’m having a similar problem migrating database tables from v7 to v8. I believe this is a known migration issue.

Does anyone know when there will be a fix for migration issue?

• Steve Megson 118 posts 689 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2019 @ 11:42
    Steve Megson

This probably means that you have rows in cmsPropertyData where the versionId doesn't exist in cmsContentVersion.

The migration wants to change versionId to be an integer rather than a GUID. If the GUID doesn't exist in cmsContentVersion then it has no integer ID to use for that version, and ends up trying to assign a null value.

• Dirk De Grave 4533 posts 5979 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    1 week ago
    Dirk De Grave

Experiencing the same issue on a v7 > v8 migration, last answer from Steve didn't really fix it, don't have any version in cmsPropertyData that doesn't exist in cmsContentVersion. Completely blocked at migration...

--Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft