Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 19, 2018 @ 12:56
    Kevin Jump

Running on Cloud

Hi,

what currently is the best indicator to work out if a site is running on cloud ?

uSync has a break in it not to run on cloud, based on a previous discussion this is :

var onUaaS = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies()
                                .Any(a => a.FullName.StartsWith("Concorde.Messaging.Web"));
     if (onUaaS)
     {
        LogHelper.Warn<uSyncApplicationEventHandler>("uSync doesn't run on UaaS, so it will just stop now");
        return;
     }

but judging by some other posts on the forum it doesn't look like this works anymore - is there another way ?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 19, 2018 @ 15:04
    Nik

Could you look for any of the Deploy assemblies? (I know you are probably after a HQ response ideally) Or the Deploy settings from web.config

<section name="environments" type="Umbraco.Deploy.Configuration.DeployEnvironmentsSection, Umbraco.Deploy" requirePermission="false" />

or

<add key="Umbraco.Deploy.ApiKey" value="------------" />

Oct 19, 2018 @ 15:10
    Kevin Jump

yeah, that is essentially what it does (but not the deploy ones) as of 3 years ago :) the above assembly was in all umbraco cloud projects.

ideally i want a Umbraco.Config.OnCloud setting

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 16, 2020 @ 12:47

hey Kevin, what are you currently using ?

Jun 16, 2020 @ 15:07
    Kevin Jump

Nothing - at the moment the default behavior of uSync is not to import on startup so it's not critical for me.

(update - just to be clear that means i haven't had a definitive response from anyone yet, so i haven't done anything)

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 17, 2020 @ 08:26

ok thanks for the update Kevin :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft