Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew konken 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 21, 2018 @ 20:11
    andrew konken

Courier Deploy - Assigns widget IDs from Staging to Pages on Production after deployment

Hey there Umbraco Community,

Having an issue with deployment using Courier. When I'm deploying a page with widgets, it's not automagically assigning the new NodeID to the page. Everything that I've been able to find in the documentation for courier says that it will automatically handle any Node IDs, since they won't necessarily match between environments, and make sure the correct node ID's are assigned to the widgets that are supposed to be on the page.

All of the content for the widgets, pages, and folders is being deployed correctly. With the exception of the IDs of the widgets assigned to the page.

IE: Staging:

Page: Node.Id = 13555

Folder: Node.Id = 13556

Widget: Node.Id = 13557

Page Widget Assignment: Node.Id = 13557

Production:

Page: Node.Id = 15678

Folder: Node.Id = 15679

Widget: Node.Id = 15680

Page Widget Assignment: Node.Id = 13557

I've read some posts mentioning that I should be using UniqueID since it get's transferred/persists during deployment across platforms. I haven't been able to determine a way to do this yet.

I've also installed Courier.Contib hoping that maybe it was a data resolver issue, but it wasn't able to help with my scenario.

My site is using a custom content picker for assigning the widgets to the page, because it will use a different marco depending on which one is selected in the step prior to widget selection.

I'm hoping someone will be able to offer me some assistance. It doesn't make sense to use Courier if it's not going to properly assign widgets to the pages we are deploying while using the tool.

Umbraco Version 7.2.8 Courier Version 3.1.6

• Antony Briggs 78 posts 103 karma points
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 14:39
    Antony Briggs

Hi Andrew,

As you mention that this is a custom content picker, you may need to go down the road of building a Courier Data Resolver. This is a small C# class to unpack the data and replace nodeIds with UIDs:

https://github.com/umbraco/Courier/blob/master/Documentation/Developer%20Documentation/Data%20Resolvers.md

However, if your custom content picker simply stores a comma separated list of nodeIds (e.g. 1028, 1029) then all you need to do is add your property editor alias to the <contentPickers> section of Config\courier.config and courier will take care of the rest!

HTH

Ant

• andrew konken 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 24, 2018 @ 20:58
    andrew konken

So it turns out that it might not be a custom content picker. As I've been digging through the code it looks to be a custom Grid Layout/Editor that the previous agency used when adding rows/content to the page.

From what I've read in other issues with Courier and custom grids it seems like there might not be a way to make this work.

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/61223-Display-Grid-data-Resolver#comment-207744

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft