Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin 4 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 05, 2018 @ 10:47
    Martin

Default template for Umbraco Forms workflows

Hello,

I'm working with: Umbraco version 7.7.7 assembly: 1.0.6554.23584 Umbraco Forms: "4.4.7"

I'm facing an issue where aliases of questions and entered values to these questions are send with email, after submit, if I use "send email" workflow.

My Form

Workflow Data

Body of email received :

The Form was submitted,

testQuestion
    test12345
    SecondQuestion

Anybody had similar issue ?

I am also trying to find default template for workflows and code responsible for their execution.

Thanks in advance.

• Ultradata 16 posts 108 karma points
    Nov 06, 2018 @ 06:17
    Ultradata

Hi Martin,

Hopefully I can help! I have been working with the forms workflow and if you choose a different workflow option you can apply your own razor email template to be send on submission.

1. Before you update the workflow you may need to make sure that you have user permissions set up to access and change the Form workflow. Go to Forms >Forms security. Click on the user you wish to allow and make sure the checkbox is ticked for "Manage workflows".

2. Head back over to your form. When configuring your workflow, choose "Send email with template (Razor)" option. work flow option

3.In here you will see an option to pick a template. You should at this stage only see the default example template. Pick template

4.In your files navigate to views/partials/forms/emails In ere you will see the example email template. You can duplicate this and make changes. remove the form field variables table entirely if you wish.

Clear your cache and you should see the new template populate into step 3 of the above.

Hope that helps! :)

• Martin 4 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 06, 2018 @ 09:10
    Martin

Hi Ultradata,

I don't see the option "Send email with template" in my workflows, I checked permissions (user has them all).

Also tried method from this post : https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-forms/93108-not-able-to-find-send-email-with-template-razor-workflow-in-umbraco-forms

but no luck either.

• Ultradata 16 posts 108 karma points
    Nov 13, 2018 @ 22:56
    Ultradata

Hi martin,

Apologies for my late reply. We are working with a newer version of Umbraco and Umbraco Forms which would more than likely explain the missing workflow option.

You are using Umbraco version 7.7.7 and Umbraco Forms: "4.4.7". We are currently on Umbraco version 7.12.3 and Umbraco Forms: "7.0.4".

Is updating to a newer version of Forms a possibility for your project? The upgrade from 4 - 6 saw some huge advances in the system's capability and advanced workflow is one of those items. You can read about the updates here: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/umbraco-forms/

Hope that helps! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft