Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mouseball 63 posts 70 karma points
    Apr 11, 2013 @ 07:48
    mouseball

Concierge support for 6.0.3 ?

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused as we have the Umbraco PRO package and I'm having similar issues installing concierge as others are having.

While the package and update files were included in the files we were supplied it seems according to http://umbraco.com/products/more-add-ons/concierge.aspx that "Concierge is not compatible with Umbraco 4.10+ or Umbraco 6.0+" Which is unclear from the various product matrices... and possibly a content error?

Meanwhile, I uninstalled Courier and tried installing Concierge again, ticking the concierge box under the admin user and strangely now Concierge works, or appears to.

I then re-installed Courier and both appear to be working now.

Curious

SP

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    May 09, 2013 @ 22:59
    Jon Dunfee

One of our client's requirements is to check in/out files; a la Concierge.  This is a new installation of Umbraco and we are slated to go with v6.  I'd like to know the status of support.  It will be a challenge to recommend a purchase of the "Complete" package when 25% of the package isn't available based on the 4 bulleted features on the homepage (Contour, Courier 2, Concierge & Umbraco.tv).  So I'm with @spacecowboy and bumping this up.

• Dan White 206 posts 510 karma points c-trib
    Jul 04, 2013 @ 02:36
    Dan White

I'd also like to know if Concierge will be supported in v6 and when?

@Jon, don't count on Courier working in v6 either. I've tried it multiple times with no luck. Also, Umbraco.tv is really outdated and doesn't apply much to v6. So, sadly, you're down to about 35% of the package being worth it. Contour is about the only component worth it at the moment. Save yourself from having to apologize to the client.

Jul 04, 2013 @ 04:47
    Jon Dunfee

I received word HQ received enough requests to get a v6 supported version this summer; otherwise, it was going to be retired.  I would see that as writing on the wall, nevertheless.  I was wanting to use the check in/out feature; so rather than wait, I wrote my own and am in the final stages packaging of it.  [teaser]  I hope to have it available to the community in the next couple of days.

As for Courier, what issues are you having?  I managed to get a local sandbox running and so far the only issue I ran into was the transfer of tags data type, the group name didn't follow so it jacked up all the content and doc types. I was going to sync the environments up and only transfer content and media going forward.  This concerns me if you are having issues as I haven't implemented it to production for the client.

• mouseball 63 posts 70 karma points
    Jul 05, 2013 @ 02:09
    mouseball

Check in/out was the one of the reasons why we went with the complete package - we also assumed Courier would be fully compatable ( documented elsewhere ) As such I'm having to implement workarounds for the client while we wait for this stuff to work

Maybe we can road test teaser :)

SP 

Jul 06, 2013 @ 09:07
    Jon Dunfee

I still have to finalize the documentation before I'm allowed to officially open the project page to the community, but I did post it all on BitBucket (after a few tries, no doubt). I uploaded the actual package zip, MyLocks_v1.0.0.0.zip.  Give it try [on a sandbox version of Umbraco, no doubt; I won't be responsible ... blah blah... etc.. etc..].  Here's a couple updated screens from the project page to help with the install: [screen1] & [screen2]. Remember to tag the Web.config; I actually prefer to drop an app_offline.htm on the root to really give it a clean restart.

FYI, I actually have never used the Check in/out on Concierge - never had a client request such a feature until now.  With that said, this is my interpretation of how I imagine it working to the best of my abilities (and various samples out there I used as reference to make it happen).  I coded this against the NuGet v6.1.1 Umbraco Core.  I imagine it will work with some older versions, but no clue how far back and if it even works at all on late v4 instances.  Since my time is rather limited, I'll be relying on the community to test various versions and provide feedback.  I hope to have the documentation done before my holiday is over.

Jul 06, 2013 @ 23:39
    Jon Dunfee

Enjoy.  The package is officially available.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/mylocks

Jul 09, 2013 @ 18:46
    Dan White

@Jon

Sorry for the late reply. With Courier I was primarily trying to transfer Datatypes, DocTypes/MediaTypes, and Templates. Ran into all sorts of glitches. If you're going to be mostly using it for content and your DocTypes arn't too complex you might be ok. I posted my issues here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/41736-Issues-with-611-and-then-some

I'm going to take a look at your package.

Dan

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 30, 2013 @ 12:38

We now have a v6 compatible version of Concierge you can find it here http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoConcierge/3.0.0/ (grab latest nightly)

You can test it without limitation when running locally

Aug 30, 2013 @ 23:01
    Dan White

Great! Thanks, Tim. I'll give it a go.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Sep 03, 2013 @ 16:31
    Martin Griffiths

Hey Tim

Absolutely fantastic to see Concierge return! It installed fine on our v4 nodes. Lots to go through, but I think it will be quite useful.

Martin

Sep 06, 2013 @ 18:58
    Dan White

I can't be sure Conceirge is to blame, but after installing it I'm having some issues. I'm running Umbraco 6.1.3. 

1) I get this error whenever trying insert an image in the RTE

2013-09-0609:14:48,666[7] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase-[Thread27]An unhandled exception occurred
    System.Web.HttpUnhandledException(0x80004005):Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.--->System.NullReferenceException:Object reference notset to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco
    .controls.Images.ImageViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at
       at
       at
       at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at
    System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP
    .umbraco_plugins_tinymce3_insertimage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)in c:\Users\dawhite\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\af2888dc\ccfb41aa\App_Web_insertimage.aspx.43b758d9.hsie55fg.0.cs:line 0
       at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,Boolean& completedSynchronously)

2) I get this error whenever clicking on a packge in installed packages. (Now I can't uninstall anything)

2013-09-06 09:46:23,907 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 32] An unhandled exception occurred System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.installedPackage.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.umbraco_developer_packages_installedpackage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Users\dawhite\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\af2888dc\ccfb41aa\App_Web_installedpackage.aspx.5d1c7564.vgbub4av.0.cs:line 0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I see there was an error during the install of Conceirge as well:

2013-09-06 09:44:52,602 [9] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 9] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex
       at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
       at System.Web.Compilation.DiskBuildResultCache.MarkAssemblyAndRelatedFilesForDeletion(String assemblyName)
       at System.Web.Compilation.DiskBuildResultCache.CacheBuildResult(String cacheKey, BuildResult result, Int64 hashCode, DateTime utcStart)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CacheBuildResultInternal(String cacheKey, BuildResult result, Int64 hashCode, DateTime utcStart)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType(VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType(String virtualPath)
       at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceData.GetWebServiceData(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean failIfNoData, Boolean pageMethods, Boolean inlineScript)
       at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.CreateHandler(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated)
       at System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

And I doubt this has anything to do with it, I do see that the '/' is missing on this line in the installedPackages.config

<file>bin/Umbraco.Concierge.dll</file>

Any help would be appreciated.

Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:32

@Martin sweet :)

Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:34

@Dan doesn't seem related to Concierge from what I can see in the errors, can you confirm that installing Concierge is what caused the errors?

Sep 11, 2013 @ 23:09
    Dan White

@Tim,

Turned out my issues were caused by a faulty update. Not Concierge.

Thanks

Sep 12, 2013 @ 09:09

@Dan ok thanks for letting me know :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft