Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• robert coyle 14 posts 34 karma points
    Nov 08, 2010 @ 08:58
    robert coyle

Warning message on form validation hard to spot

Hi Folks,
    Cant believe I actually posted the last message... Im not proud :-|

My form is looking good apart from one thing. When I click submit on my form and there is a required field empty I am giving no warning message. Sure if I scroll back up my form I see the empty hightlighted in red etc... but it would be better if a warning message also appeared down by the submit button OR MAYBE if the page jumped up to the top of the form and there was a warning message at the top. You know what I mean. Some sort of feedback.

I saw some hint of this on the forum which sort of suggested that this functionality was already implemented. Does anyonw know where I can turn this on?

Thanks for your help folks. Robert

• Mads Krohn 211 posts 504 karma points c-trib
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 17:16
    Mads Krohn

On each form on the settings tab, you can check the "Show validation summary" checkbox.
    This will place the summary below your form.

If your page is jumping to the top on each submit, check my answer to another post

• robert coyle 14 posts 34 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 10:08
    robert coyle

Aw god. How did I miss that. Thanks Mads! A big Karma bubble coming your way.

• Mads Krohn 211 posts 504 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 10:17
    Mads Krohn

Actually I think the default Contour RenderForm.ascx will render the summary at the top of the form, however, you can easily rearrange the code to have the summary at the bottom, whichever you prefer. (The path to the .ascx file is /usercontrols/umbracoContour/RenderForm.ascx)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft