Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duncan Fisher 13 posts 32 karma points
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 12:56
    Duncan Fisher

Contour not rendering properly

I have started using Contour in Umbraco 4.5. I have tried 2 ways of adding contour to my page but to no avail. The following describes in more detail.

1. Added macro to rich text editor in page in CMS. After doing this I published the page, but when I go to view the page in the browser nothing shows. Viewing the HTML source, I notice this: 

<?UMBRACO_MACRO
    formguid="62efdd05-e05e-4d90-ad73-bfb03d1a16f5"
    macroAlias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" />

2. Created document type with "form picker" property. Inserted "umbraco:Item" onto corresponding template with alias set to same as property. This time, all that shows in the page/source is:

62efdd05-e05e-4d90-ad73-bfb03d1a16f5

..which is just the form id.

I am very confused about this, can you please help?

Duncan.

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 09, 2010 @ 13:32

Hi Duncan,

Can you try adding the macro on a template , does that work?

• Duncan Fisher 13 posts 32 karma points
    Dec 09, 2010 @ 17:15
    Duncan Fisher

Thanks Tim, the solution was to add the macro:

<umbraco:Macro runat="server" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" FormGuid="14510fe4-1e26-4694-b817-87cd88ebfc23" />

Glad it's working!

Duncan.

• Dean 55 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 01:27
    Dean

Sorry for hijacking your post Duncan, but I seem to have something similar and Tim may be able to help:

umbraco v 4.7.0.RC (Assembly version: 1.0.4077.25828)

Have created basic form with one text field. I can add the form to a template without a problem via the add marco button when editing a template. Form renders fine on front end.

If I add the same form via macro button on rich text editor when editing a document it will render fine in the editor, but won't render correctly on the front end when I save and publish.

I do get something on the front end though. Strangly this is actually rendered on the page:

formguid="0f488ca7-caa0-47c1-b8ae-13bb46e60887"

and it appears like this in the source:

formguid="0f488ca7-caa0-47c1-b8ae-13bb46e60887"<br/>

I have a very tight deadline and honestly the whole project is forms so any help is greatly appreciated. I'm running contour in trial mode as I don't know the domain of the site yet, but I have purchased it.

Thanks

Dean

• Dean 55 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 01:39
    Dean

I have just found what is breaking this for me anyway:

If you are inserting the form macro into the text editor, and the content of this text editor is inserted into the template via the "insert umbraco page field" button on the edit template screen, and when inserting you choose to check the "Convert Linebreaks" checkbox...It will break the form render. If you set "convertLineBreaks" to false, it will render the form properly.

• Dan Okkels Brendstrup 101 posts 197 karma points
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 16:11
    Dan Okkels Brendstrup

Also, for reference, note that it is not possible to output Contour forms via XSLT, as Tim mentions here:

"It's not supported to run a usercontrol macro (wich the Contour macro is) from inside xslt."

I've just run into a related problem via that avenue. Outputting via <umbraco:item /> works fine, although it is less flexible.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft