Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Apr 20, 2011 @ 13:46
    Iain Martin

Select Contour Form at design time

We are creating a site that will be creating events that members can sign up to. Part of this is the creation of a number of event forms that will have various bits of information that is required from the organisers.

If I have understood the process correctly, to get the Contour form to display then I still need to create a document and its associated template, and insert the Contour macro into this template.

What I would like to know, is there a way of assigning the Contour form to the document type at design time rather than 'hardcoding' it into the template? I have had a quick look at data types etc but can't see anything that jumps out at me.

Any pointers to this would be grateful. I'm sure someone has probably asked this before, but tried searching for it on this forum but noting was coming up.

Regards

Iain D

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 20, 2011 @ 13:49

Hi any more details on this, why would you need to do this at design time?

You don't want all pages of that document type to have the form? Well you can setup an extra template and allow that on the doc type or you can simply insert the contour form in the rte (insert macro)

Apr 20, 2011 @ 14:09
    Iain Martin

'Design time' is perhaps a misleading term then. I am talking about the creation of a new Event document on the website.

Basically the flow I forsee happening is: (from the end user/editors POV)

1. Create a new Contour Form with the relevant details (e.g. How many in your Party? Which Seminars do you wish to visit? Any special dietary requirments? etc).

2. Create a new Event using the Event Document type (Properties include Venue, Address, Times, Duration etc).

3. Assign the form created in Step One to the Event Form created in Step Two.

4. Publish Event to the website.

5. When site visitor registers for the event, they are then taken to the Contour Form to fill in the relevant details which are then saved to the database for later use.

Ideally I would like to tie the Contour Form in to the Event ID (presuambly the NodeID could be used) along with the MemberID (which I believe it can do alreay?)

@Tim: I take it RTE is Run Time Environment? If so, how do you insert a macro at this point?

The Contour package does appear to do what we are looking for, as long as we can get these points to work.

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 21, 2011 @ 09:02

Hi Ian,

It sounds like the "Save as umbraco document" workflow is what you need.

Simply create your event doc type then setup your form. Once it has all the field simply attach a new workflow of the type "Save as umbraco document" on the submitted state there you will be able to map the contour field to the doctype properties. And creating a new event document

And you'll also need a second form that is used for the registrations

Apr 21, 2011 @ 10:12
    Iain Martin

Big step forward this morning!

The issue was that the Form Picker Data control had not been created as a DataType

see this post 'Contour Installation KeyNotFoundException'

Created the Datatype, used the Form Picker control as the base type, used the following code in the template:-

<%

umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.Node n = umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.Node.GetCurrent();

if(n.GetProperty("pageForm").Value!=string.Empty){%>

<umbraco:Macro FormGuid="[#pageForm]" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro> <%}%>

And as they say, Bob's your left handed aunty!

I can now select which form to use after the event registration.

Sometimes it's the simplest of things that cloud the issue to the greatest extent. Not knowing the form picker existed I was therefore looking for another solution to this problem, when the solution was already present.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft